Chapter 25: The end.

First of all. 

1K reads? Thank you so much. I didn't expect anyone to ever read this story aside from myself.

Now to the story.

Jakey's POV

As the city gates became clearer to see, I sighed, looking back at Bryan, who was still clutching my hand. We were swimming towards the city, and he still looked terrified.

Am I asking too much of him?

Though, to Richie's credit, he didn't look as scared as he did when we first tried to go to the city, and by that I mean, he was only slightly shaking and he was actually managing to keep moving.

"What if he-" he started.

"It's ok. He won't dare to do anything. And if he even tries, no one here will let him. You'll be safe." I tugged him closer, and wrapped an arm around him, slowing down to calm him down.

"Ok.. ok" he took a deep breath, and nodded. "I'm ok." He smiled shakily.

"Good, because Richie's here to meet us." Bri called back to us. "It's go time, love fish." She teased.

I nodded, pulling my promised along behind me.

Richie was waiting for us in front of the city gates. With him was a slightly smaller mer, with paler hair, and the guard who had let us leave in the first place. I think his name was...

"Xylo?" I jumped as Bryan spoke up.

The guard looked up and grinned. "Hey Bryan, good to see you again."

Bryan let out a little squeal of joy, and, releasing my hand, dashed forward, giving the guard, 'Xylo', a big hug. I blinked in confusion at the two.

"You know each other?" Bri asked, giving the guard her best glare. He didn't flinch.

"Yeah, we met in school. It's thanks to Bryan I met Kay." Xylo explained, letting go of Bryan.

"Well that's... lucky. That you're the one we ran into that is." Colin said, rubbing his arm awkwardly. I suspect that like me, he wasn't sure who this 'Kay' was.

"It really is. But uhm no offense. I don't know who you three are." The smaller mer said, pointing at Pat, Colin and Austin. "And I bet you have no idea who I am. So let's rectify that." He said, smiling at us.

"I'm Inmo, Richie's younger brother." He said, bowing slightly.

"I'm Colin. Nice to meet you." Colin said smiling at him, as we lowered down to the same level they were.

"Pat. I promise I won't drain your blood." My friend said jokingly.

"And I'm Austin. I'm..." he hesitated glancing at Bri, before sighing, and continued. "I'm Bri's promised." He finished, taking Bri's hand in his own.

"Oh... OH! Oh no wonder you're always so angry!" Inmo said, pointing between Austin and Bri.

"WHAT? What is that supposed to mean shrimp?!" The noble mermaid shouted, glaring at Inmo.

"Ok. Let's keep it civil, Inmo, I will stuff your throat with kelp if you don't apologize right now." Richie said, swimming forward in between the two mers.

"Oh right... Sorry My Lady." Inmo said, looking at the floor.

"Whatever." Bri said, fuming.

I laughed at her, and she turned to glare at me instead.