000

1am

1am

As Jamie listened to No Scrubs by TLC on her discman a loud crash echoed through the halls causing her bolt up. Bumps and groans were heard from her room.

 "Oh my fucking god." Jamie muttered and got up. She saw her father Demetri wobbling around. "Jay Jay! Is that you! Shhhh!" Demetri yelled out. "Dad, you are very loud please grab my hand." Jamie held her hand out trying to help him. 

"Baby girl, I don't need help. I'm fine- I need to throw up." He ran to the bathroom almost falling and started throwing up in the toilet bowl. Jamie quickly went to the bathroom with a towel and water.

 "Here. Take it." Jamie put down the towel and gave him the water. "I'm gonna help you into bed when you are done throwing up okay?" Jamie crouched down to him. Demetri nodded and drank the water. 

"You are so beautiful baby." Demetri caressed her face. "Thanks dad." She smiled and got up. 

"Let's go to bed. Come on." Jamie helped her father up and grabbed the towel. They slowly walked to Demetri's room and she helped him into bed. 

"Dad?" Jamie had something on her mind for the past week and hadn't talked to her dad about it or anyone at that. "Yes beautiful?" He looked at her. "I was thinking if I could- Um- If I could call mom? Not now but tomorrow or at least write to her or something. It's been 8 months. Please!" Jamie asked him. 

Jamie's mother had been incarcerated a few months ago for aggravated assault and robbery and since then Jamie or her father hasn't spoken to her in a while and it was eating Jamie up inside.

 "You know-" Demetri was going to say but stopped. "Pretty please!" Jamie asked again like a little girl. "Okay. Fine Jay. You can call your mother if they allow her." Demetri nodded. 

"Now, go to sleep. I love you." He kissed his daughter's forehead and hugged her. "Night dad." She got off the bed and kissed his head causing him to smile. 

Jamie turned off his light and closed the door. Once she got to her room she couldn't sleep anymore and felt like crying as the day her mother got arrested right in front of her replayed in the back of her mind.

 "I'll be back. Mommy will be back baby!" Were the last things her mother said to her.

 Ever since then Jamie's father has had his drug and alcohol addictions way worse. He went from just getting high every single day to going to bars almost every night, doing and selling drugs and being a person everyone knows for the wrong reasons. 

Jamie was his only little girl, only kid at that. He and Jamie's mother treated Jamie like royalty. She got whatever she wanted, she did whatever she wanted, and she said whatever she wanted. Nobody could check her and if they did well let's just say...crazy runs in the family. 

Overall though, she was a sweetheart with a love for kids and skating.