Chapter 24

San POV 

Before my mind even had the chance to register what had happened Wooyoung had whipped round, grabbing my neck and pressing the cold metal of his daggers against it. Obviously I struggled against him, but to no avail, Wooyoung's pressure on his daggers was strong and right now I felt weaker then ever before. 

"Did you really think Wooyoung escaped that day unscathed?" He spat against my neck, laughing as he spoke. Before I knew it Yunho had advanced quickly from my right in an attempt to free me. He was faster though, spinning us away from Yunho and against the table. I really wasn't concentrating in the moment on anything other then my utter failure to see through his trick, it really wasn't Wooyoung. 

The sharp pain against me neck brought me swiftly back to reality, allowing me to feel the blood as it trickled down my neck. He cut me. "If any of you so much as think about moving I'll..."

"What?" I interjected, venom lacing my words. Hongjoong gave me a worried look, silently pleading for me to shut up, to just do what he wants. 

Never.

"Will you cut my throat? Torture me? Gut me? Do whatever you want you repulsive creature, nothing can hurt me more then what you have already done." I could practically feel him smile from behind, followed swiftly by a deep, sinister laugh. 

Then he let go. Pushing me off of him and into the sink, I turned immediately questioning his movements, why did he let go? I got my answer pretty soon. His eyes bore directly into mine as he spoke, 

"Your right, it would be much more painful if I hurt him instead."

And with that Wooyoung's dagger was against his own throat, a stream of blood already appearing at the pressure he applied. Everyone moved then, Hongjoong rushed to the side of the table only to receive a kick against his side. He stumbled to the ground as Mingi went to drag him up and out of the way. "Pathetic", the man spoke, "you couldn't save me even if you wanted to. I can't even save myself." The man's words had begun to twist their way into our minds, I was confused, this wasn't Wooyoung but a person controlling his mind. If this man in front of me died, The commandeer of Wooyoung's body would be safe and sound while the real Wooyoung bled out on the floor. 

"Who are you?" I managed to spit out, anger overcoming me at the situation and my inability to save him. "I could tell you, but he'd have to die if I did." The man emphasised his point by pressing the dagger further into Wooyoung's throat. 

"STOP. Please...just stop" I found myself begging him as each drop of blood spilt from Wooyoung's throat felt like a dagger to my heart. I ran a hand shakily through my hair, desperately grasping for an idea in my head, but only one came. I stepped forward once, twice, until I was close enough to feel his breath fanning my skin. I saw Yunho, Yeosang, Jongho, Mingi and Hongjoong in confusion to my right, however none made an attempt to stop me as they seemed just as stunned as I was with this situation. 

The man's grin just got larger and larger with each step I took. Eventually the only thing that could be heard around the room was our breaths and the faint ticking of the clock at the back of the room.

I looked straight towards Yunho (the closest to me at the time) silently confirming something before returning mygaze to the man's. 

I spoke clearly without wavering, every word pronounced perfectly as my eyes stared straight through the man's to where I hope Wooyoung's were staring back. 

"I love you." 

Then I saw it, the man's smirk fell instantaneously as the dagger clattered to the ground. 

"What?"

A stray tear fell from its hiding place inside my eye, running in a straight path down my face, something that has never happened to me before. 

The slip in the man's grip on Wooyoung allowed Yunho enough time to plant his foot against the man's head, and I rushed forward, throwing myself to the ground to catch him. As I held Wooyoung's unconscious body in my arms I whispered comforting words to him as we took him straight to the medical room. 

"I'm sorry."

"Please come back to me."