Chapter 34

Wooyoung POV 

It was just like any other injury I had received. Except every other was never accompanied by San's blood curdling scream. A sound so horrifying you would only expect someone to make it once in there lifetime; it was the sound of a loved one being torn brutally from the writhing hands of the victim, handed to a god so seemingly merciless you wondered why people bothered praying. 

The head of propaganda had been an easy kill, minimum effort, not that he was worth any more. Relief had flooded my being when San's gaze met mine, like the blood rushing swiftly from a wound; although at first the cut seems harmless, given enough time you will realise too much has flown from inside you. Too much that is now irreplaceable. 

And you die. 

Pretending it didn't hurt would be a lie. The pain blinded me as I stumbled carelessly onto my knees, one hand braced onto the chilling floor in front attempted to prevent me from collapsing entirely. 

The sound of another bullet hitting its target sounded, the sound of a head cracking brutally against marble echoed. Yunho probably shot the other man in the head, an instant kill; just my luck the man had missed my head, although I don't see how being shot in the chest was very fortunate. 

San's body skidded across the floor towards me, Hongjoong on the other side pulling me up and pushing either arm across their shoulders to haul my body towards the van. 

I vaguely heard San's voice talking, no screaming to 'STAY AWAKE' to 'KEEP FIGHTING' so I did. Taking deep steady breaths; which sounded not very steady at all, I fought for what seemed like hours. 

Somehow they managed to get my body back to our base, between vision blackouts and moments of blinding pain I observed the change of surroundings; too dazed to utilise my brain. Rest, just go to sleep. It will all be over then, there will be no more suffering. The persistent thought played on repeat like a broken stereo through my mind again and again and again. 

San's pleads going through one ear and out the other.

Staring at the blinding light above the operation table I suddenly felt it, the tug from death, teasing me further into his world with every pull. 

I will die here, the bullet through my chest paying the gatekeeper access to the underworld. My mind suddenly span, I'm leaving him. He won't smile at me in the underworld, he can't kiss me in the underworld. I'll never feel his warmth in hell.

"I won't see you again San." I managed to croak out, blood dripping from the corner of my mouth dripped down my chin.

"When the time comes we'll meet in heaven you know that Wooyoung? But now is not that time okay." I felt his touch, the familiar warmth creeping up from where San's hand held mine. A reassuring presence that I am in fact, still alive.  

"I'm going to hell." Eyes squeezing shut due to the effort each word drew from my already exhausted body.

"Yes Wooyoung you kill, but you are not a killer. You didn't even think before saving Hongjoong and Seongwha. You're a hero idiot, whether you like it or not." I could hear the tears streaming down his face from the slight quiver in San's voice; his hand squeezed tighter as if he could prevent death from ripping me away. 

"Hongjoong hurry, we need to get it out. Pass me the clamp." Yeosang's voice sounded miles away as I slowly drifted into hell's embrace, the pain subsiding with each individual second ticked by the clock across the room; something I only now noticed. 

Cold. 

I shivered despite the sweat forming across my brow, beads of it ran down onto my eyelids while the blood inside froze. 

"I love you San, don't forget that." I waited for a response, expectantly. 

"I won't say it back Wooyoung." Finally I let the sob—previously choking me—out into the surrounding air. My tears mixed with sweat however both were shed for different reasons; emotional and physical pain. 

"Please San. What can I do, just. Please tell me." I could feel it hovering over me now, deaths claws ready to grip me in its relentless grasp and drag me down into the depths of hell. The last thing I heard was his voice, crystal clear in an echo around my mind which seemingly never stopped. 

"Don't close your eyes." 

A searing pain crossed my chest. 

San's features hovered over mine, distorted but visible; until my eyelids indeed fluttered shut.

His lips fell harshly against my own.

A/n 

Hi everyone, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did don't forget to comment and vote for more I sincerely appreciate all your support always! ❤️

Do you think Wooyoung made it?