Drunken Feelings PT. 3

Long chapter warning. And probably angst too.

~

"Thank you again for coming with me, Midoriya." Momo thanked him, her eyes still trained on the picture in her hand, "Though, I still don't understand why you insist to come..."

Midoriya chuckled nervously, "I don't know why either..."

"What was that?" Momo said, looking over her shoulder.

"No! It's nothing.!" He shook his hands.

Now that he had a good look at her, the bags were very clear under her eyes, so was the feint red circles. She looked really tired. Even her hair was a mess, the once tight spiky ponytail was sloppy.

With Jirou gone, it really affected her as a person. Her schedule was everywhere, she barely can make it to class and never really eats lunch. Dinner and sometimes breakfast were the only times she eat, even have to force her to eat breakfast.

She really is a mess.

Midoriya fell into step beside Momo and saw her just, mindlessly staring at Jirou's picture from the missing handouts.

"Hey, Yaomomo?" She hummed, not looking up from the picture, "Jirou. She's your best friend, right?"

A few seconds later she answered, hesitantly, "You could say that..." 

"Right..." He trailed off.

She finally ripped her eyes off of the image and stared at Midoriya with her brows knitted in confusion, "And why... do you ask?"

He shook his head and clasped his hands behind him, "Nothing really..." He said, "The class is just worried for you, no one really knows why your doing... this."

She almost looked offended by his words, "And is that bad?"

He shook his head again, "No and yes." He turned to her, "I have another question."

"Shoot."

"What does she mean to you?"

She stopped walking.

Midoriya grimaced. Did he hit a nerve? He hoped he didn't. That would be bad, her mood right now doesn't really say she's willing.

"I..." Was all that she said before she shook her head and started walking again.

His question was just an afterthought when she entered a club.

"Are we allowed inside? Aren't we underaged?"

"They don't care about age here. And don't worry, we're only here to ask questions, nothing more nothing less." She opened the door and Midoriya entered.

The smell of alcohol quickly hit his nose. He gagged and pinched his nose close. When he turned to Momo he was a little surprised, she didn't look disturbed one bit, like she already had a fair deal with alcohol.

They walked towards the bar, quickly noticing from afar that the bartender had a scar over his left eye that was forced shut close. Midoriya felt something in his throat, becoming more anxious with each step toward the man.

He turned towards the aproaching teenagers and grinned. He leaned on his counter, "Teenagers. What can I get you?" His teeth looked like the teeth of a shark.

"We're not here to have a drink" she replied like it was just a normal conversation. Just how many times had she dealed with this? "We're looking for out friend." She showed him the picture, "Do you know her?"

He huffed, "Jirou? Why, what happened to her?" He asked. Momo's eyes widen.

"She's missing." Midoriya said.