part 4

harvey's pov
after work i got home and settled down. i sat on my couch with a beer watching the tv. it's what i did every night. it was just my routine. i was debating on weather or not to call flora but i advised against it as it was quite late. i finished off my beer and headed off to bed. i would probably go see max tomorrow if he was free.

i was awoke by a loud banging at 6:21am. i sighed as i knew it was my door. who could be coming to my house at this time in the morning. i opened the door and stood there was joshua, he had gracie in his arms. "look i know it's last minute but me and max were going on vacation" he said as he walked in, i was still half asleep. "i know it's unusual for us, especially last minute but max booked it as a surprise and we never realise the flight is today" he told me. "so we're going to gran canaria for a week so we need you to take care of gracie" i nodded. "okay, i can do that" i smiled. "thanks your a life saver" he laughed slightly and gave me a hug. "gracie daddy will be back in a couple of days so your going to stay with uncle harvey okay" joshua said to gracie. "okay daddy, i wuv you" she smiled as she gave him a kiss. joshua gave me one last thank you look before he closed the door. i headed back to bed i was way to tired.

not even a minute went by before gracie came running in "i'm hungry" she complained as she jumped on me. "okay i'll get breakfast soon just let uncle harvey sleep in" i moaned but she kept jumping on me. "alright i'm up, i'm up" i complained as i sat up. "before breakfast uncle harvey needs to make an important call" i smiled. i grabbed my phone and called my boss, she was one of my closest friends so i think she'd be cool with that. i explained that i needed to work less than i did, for the time gracie was at nursery. i hung up the phone and now it was time to take care of gracie.

max's pov
me and joshua had packed out bags but realised that we didn't have someone to look after gracie. this was sort of a last minute trip, we'd booked a couple of days ago and it just crept up on us. "harvey can babysit" i told joshua. "okay i'll go see him" he smiled as he took gracie and left. i sighed as i kept packing the rest of our stuff, it was mine and joshua's first time alone, completely, in a couple of years.

when joshua arrived home, i had already packed the bags into my car and we were ready to head off, to start our week vacation in gran canaria. i couldn't wait to spend a whole week with the man i loved, with my soulmate.