part 18

flora's pov
me and harvey had been cuddling all night. it was so much better to have him here. i loved him and i didn't even care what he said, i just wanted him. i wanted him constantly. i was so glad we had a kid together. i know it was a big responsibility but i knew we were ready and we were in love. i had to propose to him, i thought it was the best way to say that i forgave him and wanted him to be with my forever. plus i really want him to be my husband. "harvey" i asked as my mind tracked back to that night. he turned to me and nodded, as if to say continue. "why did you say all those things if you didn't mean it" i asked, he sighed slightly and looked down. "i was overwhelmed, we'd like just started a relationship and then you were pregnant and before i knew it we had a kid together and i suddenly had to be this dad that i didn't know how to be" he confessed, that made a lot of sense. "and i guess somewhere in my subconscious i wanted an out, i wanted to run away from hard things like i always do" he admitted again. "look harvey, i cant lie to you this will be hard but i know you can do it, you're so caring and thoughtful despite what happened to you" i smiled and gave him a hug. our conversation was over but the hug lasted a lot longer.

harvey's pov
the next morning i woke up with james crying, of course so did flora. i wanted to go because i wanted to show and prove that i was a good dad. "it's okay i'll get this" i smiled before getting up and going into his room. i walked up to his cot and smiled at him. "dada" he cried as he put his arms up. i lifted him up and took him over to the chair in the corner. "did you have a nightmare" i asked and he nodded his head. he was hugging me and crying a little. "it's okay, nobody's going to hurt you" i stroked his back and smiled at him. "it's okay" i smiled and kept comforting him. i felt him slowly drift off to sleep, i slowly felt my eyes getting heavier and felt myself drift off to sleep.