Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Xavier's POV

"Why would someone do that to her? Looks like the person is trying to get rid of her for good. Have you got Seth to do background search on her? Maybe she's got some bad blood". Damien said.

We'd been sitting in the hospital for close to two hours, the doctor was yet to give us a report.

"I did, before I selected her to be my wife. She is as clean as a sheep. I have a hunch that this has something to do with Simone".

"But calling Virginia out was a bad idea, you don't even have proof".

"Virginia has turned herself into Simone's fucking lap dog. Whatever Simone tells her to do, she jumps right at it before even thinking", I bit back.

"Maybe, if you gave your sister the attention she deserves, she wouldn't have to run to Simone. When was the last time you spoke to her?"

I grunted my response.

"So you chose your hatred for Simone over your sister? You are more stupid than I thought. Are you so blind to everything going on? Do you really not see what is really going on? You don't see why Virginia is hung up on Simone. I can't believe you and don't look at me like that! It took me less than a week to figure it out". Damon trashed.

"You don't have a say in my life Damon, so quit playing judge. And what the fuck are you even talking about?" I suppressed my anger, replying in the calmest way possible, but before he could answer, the doctor joined us.

"What's wrong with her?"

"She was injected with Valium, a sedative when she was still under the influence of alcohol. The said drug  reduces one's coordination, makes one a lot more confused, causes drowsiness and muscle weakness. We run some few tests and she seems fine. That's just the first part. In addition to that, she seems to have had a case of a brain malfunction some years back, and this drug may or may not cause certain reactions that may trigger migraines. I'll advise you keep her from stress, plus she should have the full eight hours sleep or more, nevertheless, if the migraines get worse, it may cause the narrowing of blood vessels which, in effect, can cause higher blood pressure. The combination of both alcohol and sedative may have an equally dangerous effect but, we've been able to get out some of the drug. In a few days she should be fine. Whoever brought her here, did it right on time".

"Can we see her?" I asked. His words lingered in my mind, I was trying to make sense out of it.

"She experienced a panic attack, we had to put her to sleep, she wouldn't be up until morning", he explained.

"I'll stay the night".

"She won't be up until morning. You should go home----"

"She is my fiancée. I am not going to leave her here, thanks for your advice but I am taking her home", I growled dangerously.

"Sir, you have........"

"Did I stutter?" I whispered, inching closer to the visibly shaking doctor.

"Thanks Doc. We will let you know if there is anything you can help us with.For now, we will take her home.", Damon cut in, the doctor nodded and scurried away.

"Can you try and hold your shit?! No one is in the mood to deal with your threats!" Damon whisper-yelled.

We stared at each other for what looked like hours before I gave up.

"Go stay with her. I'll go and get you some clothes and food".

..................................