20

Yan Jin planned really well.

Shilian Mountain was massive. Not only were they transmitted to a random corner on this mountain, they were also stripped of their spiritual force. Let alone five days, even after ten and a half months, no one would be able to find a way out.

This was the third day, and they still hadn’t found the tactical spot for the teleportation formation.

Shen Zhixian suggested that since the teleportation formation would activate in the next five days, they merely had to wait it out. It would also save them from wandering around like headless flies. Not to speak of other perils, he still had to contend with possibly getting a heart attack while stuck here.

As a result, Yan Jin silently thought it over and then shook his head.   

He hadn’t delved much into the formation method itself. This time, in order to change the teleportation formation, he’d ask Senior Brother Shao from Third Peak for help. As a result, he only learned the fundamentals needed to affect the change...Of course, Senior Brother Shao probably didn’t guess that Yan Jin would be so brave as to put his instructions into practice.

In short, Yan Jin’s formation was actually not changed properly. He could only ensure that Shen Zhixian would teleport to a specific location in the mountain and then be teleported back in five days. If, by some chance, he were to be teleported to a different place...there was no guarantee that the five days limitations would remain in affect.

The angrier Shen Zhixian got ...the more benevolent he seemed.    

He endured his anger and said lightly, “Weren’t you afraid I would teleport out of range and never be able to get out again?”

Yan Jin answered this question without hesitation. “This disciple has faith in Master. Besides, I left behind a letter. Once you read it you wouldn’t walk around.”

Shen Zhixian: “ ... ”

This bad disciple really did accurately guessed his mind. If he really were teleported to that place and saw the letter, his first reaction would be disbelief. He would try to find the formation but, if he couldn’t locate it, he would definitely returned to the same location by the fifth day.

She Zhixian refused to speak to this traitor anymore and took a narrow path. Yan Jin followed behind him, so silent that Shen Zhixian could barely hear his quiet footfalls..   

As Shen Zhixian walked, he wondered how he should deal with the traitor. If he were too soft, he would repeatedly be made a fool of. If he were too harsh, he wouldn’t be able to defeat him. So, the best way was to simply...  

He was so lost in thought that it took him a long time to notice his surroundings. He suddenly realized that the area today was too quiet. Yesterday, he came across a few monsters. But, today, it’d already been more than half a day and he hadn’t even seen a hint of one.

Shen Zhixian vaguely felt that something was wrong. The moment he was about to speak, he heard movements coming from behind him. Turning around, he realized that it was a fat rabbit. It brushed passed them, feet thumping loudly, and suddenly ran into a tree nearby. The collision caused it to flip over and fall to the ground. Then, it simply laid motionless.  

Shen Zhixian: "..."

He was about to comment and say that this was a silly rabbit when, all of a sudden, the tree the rabbit had ran into suddenly swayed violently. It creaked loudly as a splinter appeared midway on the tree’s trunk.

The nearly ten meter tall tree suddenly toppled over onto the ground, stirring up a cloud of dust. Shen Zhixian covered his nose with one hand and retreated a few steps. He watched as the fallen rabbit abruptly jumped up on to the trunk, opened its mouth to expose two massive teeth and began to gnaw at the bark. Within moments, it had gnawed a gradually deepening hole in the trunk.