70

Shen Zhixian gave a light cough but didn’t panic. He calmly got out from Yan Jin’s lap and stood up to greet Fourth Elder as usual. “Good evening, Martial Uncle.”

Fourth Elder silently looked at him and then looked at Yan Jin.

Shen Zhixian said, “Martial Uncle doesn't recognize us?”

Fourth Elder’s expression was sorrowful. “You... He... What are you doing…?”

He’d forgotten why he came here tonight. Right now, the image of Shen Zhixian and Yan Jin embracing each other intimately was etched in his mind. What in the world happened when the little nephew and the little nephew’s disciple went out to gain practical experience?!

Shen Zhixian tilted his head and thought for a moment. Then, he said euphemistically, “Probably, the normal behavior between ordinary Dao companions?”

Fourth Elder, “....”

Fourth Elder, “???”

While Shen Zhixian thoughtfully allowed Fourth Elder time to process this, he took out the tea set and utensils and brewed tea on the small jade table.

None of Shen Zhixian’s products was low-quality. Once the first-grade spiritual tea was steeped with boiling hot water, the faint scent of tea finally woke Fourth Elder. He breathed out a sigh and ran his hand over his face. “You need to think carefully about this matter.”  

Shen Zhixian’s movements paused.

Yan Jin’s hands on his lap clenched into fists.  

Fourth Elder said, “Although, our Qingyun Sect has a habit of not interfering with the private affairs between masters and disciples, but you doing this is not good either. If you think this relationship is good, then you should do things properly and select a good date...”

As Fourth Elder recovered from his shock, he became more and more excited. “There haven't been a lively event in the sect for a long time. Take this opportunity to give the place some liveliness and excitement…”

Shen Zhixian looked at Yan Jin and didn’t know whether he ought to laugh or cry. Seeing Fourth Elder so excited, he could only interrupt in a low voice, “Martial Uncle, we’ll prepare for this. Why did you come so late at night? Is there something wrong?”

Fourth Elder was silent for a moment before he finally remembered the reason why he’d come here. Under the dim light, he carefully studied Shen Zhixian and asked cautiously, “Are you back? Sui Xian?”

—Fourth Elder really did know that his body was seized.

Shen Zhixian’s heart relaxed, and he nodded without hesitation. “Martial Uncle, it’s me.”

He stood up, carefully restraining his expression, and bowed respectfully to Fourth Elder. He said, “Master and Martial Uncle both had worked hard at that time. Junior would never forget it again.”

This appearance, this kind of gesture, could never be made by the half-devil who’d robbed his body. Even when Shen Zhixian’s temperament changed a few years ago, it still wasn’t the same.

Fourth Elder stopped talking. His thoughts were unknown, but his eyes gradually grew bright with unshed tears. He raised the teacup to his mouth and drank it, not caring that it was still too hot. Then, he spoke a sentence, “If Senior Brother Wen knew, how happy he would be…”

On that day, when Shen Zhixian had his accident, Senior Brother Wen had dragged Fourth Elder to save him and he saw how much Senior Brother Wen was frowning and sighing.