71

Regarding the demons and monsters in the wasteland, the little sects qualifications were too low so they probably didn't know much. However, a large sect like the Qingyun Sect ought to have some records on file.

As Shen Zhixian pulled out some relevant books and read them one by one, he realized that there were only two options available. Cultivators could join forces to suppress the demons again; or, they could let them go and find ways to get along with them peacefully.

Regarding the first method, Shen Zhixian only thought about it for a brief moment before completely disregarding it.

For thousands of years, powerful demons and monsters were suppressed in the wasteland and had been fighting each other. Meanwhile, cultivators had no rivals and had become lazy. If both parties started fighting each other, it was difficult to know who would win.

What’s more, Shen Zhixian believed that no one in this current cultivation realm could re-establish such a powerful restriction seal.

Then, only the second option was left.

It wouldn't be easy. These demons and monsters already had taciturn temperaments and normally wouldn't be persuaded by anyone. Moreover, cultivators had always viewed these creatures as cruel and ruthless. For these two reasons….

Shen Zhixian sighed.

It would be very difficult to reconcile cultivators and demons.

His thoughts scattered and he once again thought of Yan Jin.

During this time, Yan Jin remained in the wasteland. Although he was a natural born devil, the restriction Shen Zhixian had placed on him was just recently removed. His state was still unstable, resulting in a loss of control from time to time. This made it easy for him to hurt people and hurt himself. As a result, he could only stay in the wasteland temporarily to temper himself and conquer the remaining creatures in the wasteland.

He’d done it before in the past life and was very familiar with it. Because these demons and monsters were a bit more simpleminded than cultivators, it wouldn't be too difficult for Yan Jin to subdue them. Once that was done, the fight was over. Moreover, Yan Jin was best at fighting.

The only way for those inside the wasteland to leave would be to go through the Dark Sea. At this moment, Yan Jin was guarding the Dark Sea and pushing back those who wanted to leave with brute strength.

In the wasteland, Yan Jin was fighting against the creatures within and creating great chaos, while outside, cultivators and demons were also fighting fiercely.

Shen Zhixian pondered and came up with a vague idea.

......

On Song Ming’s side.

The chaos outside was not Song Ming’s primary concern.

What he hated and was most troubled with right now was the fact that Shen Zhixian had begun to secretly subjugate him.

Sect Leader Wen had personally designated Song Ming as the new sect leader. Because Shen Zhixian’s involvement was not made public, everyone respected Song Ming primarily because they looked up to Sect Leader Wen.

Even though Song Ming’s behavior was very smooth, he couldn’t hide the fact that his cultivation was too lacking for a sect leader. In Qingyun Sect, which respected strength, it would normally be very difficult for Song Ming to sit on this seat.

The reason they’d tolerated it this long was merely because they didn’t have a more suitable candidate for the position. But, now that Shen Zhixian had returned to normal and stood up to replace him, they began to move their minds.