68. 2

Everyone in the cultivation realm found that the terrifying devil had suddenly disappeared.

No one knew where he went, and no one knew whether he was alive or dead. As they rebuilt their ancestral gates, they looked at each other—was the big devil dead?

No, he wasn’t.

It's just that the person who can suppress the big devil finally “lived.”

The present Sui Xian couldn’t be considered to have been resurrected. Under the effect of Soul Tracing Grass, he’d just barely managed to consolidate some of his scattered soul.

His bones could not be found for the longest time. When Yan Jin briefly left after killing Shen Zixian, Song Ming quietly returned and set the whole room ablaze.

Yan Jin spent endless hours turning over the ruins of Qingyun Sect and found only a piece of bone the size of a finger.

His hands shook as he pulled the broken bone like a treasure to his heart, feeling the familiar breath that was so faint it was barely distinguishable. His heart brimmed with agony.

Later, Yan Jin spent countless thoughts and efforts and immeasurable hours, before exhausting his spiritual power to shape a body for Sui Xian.

Yan Jin wrapped the broken bone with the best spiritual jade, tied it with a red string, and hung it around Sui Xian’s neck. It could be regarded as helping the spirit claim the body.

Because Sui Xian’s soul was incomplete, when he woke up, he was completely ignorant with no memories of his past life. He was like a newborn baby, his eyes clear and bright and full of wonder.

When he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was Yan Jin. Yan Jin’s gaze was very warm and held no malice at all. Sui Xian merely looked at him and blinked.

Then, he watched as the man’s eyes suddenly became red-rimmed and hot tears slipped down his cheeks, dripping on to the back of his hand. Sui Xian shrank slightly, out of instinct, and let out a small sound.

The sound seemed to have awakened Yan Jin. He held up Sui Xian’s weak hand and placed a hot kiss on the back of that fair hand. He called, “Sui Xian.”

“I finally found you.”

Due to Sui Xian’s physical limitations, Yan Jin didn’t take him back to the wasteland. The environment there was too bad and was therefore unsuitable for Sui Xian to live in. Instead, he found a place with beautiful mountains and rivers, built a house by himself, and lived with Sui Xian.

For a long time after waking up, Sui Xian was very weak and was often lethargic. The fatigue made him unable to stay awake for long periods of time.

Yan Jin found in various places spiritual medicinal herbs that were beneficial to the soul. He turned them into pellets or ground them into spiritual elixirs and fed them to Sui Xian every day. He also religiously wiped Sui Xian’s body with medicine. His efforts helped Sui Xian’s soul become more solid bit by bit.

He wanted to use Soul Tracing Grass, but Soul Tracing Grass was still immature and its effect would be minimal. Yan Jin could only continue to support it.

Soul Tracing Grass was a god grass left over from ancient times. These god grasses were incredibly difficult to raise. When Si Fei handed the grass over to Yan Jin, he explained that Soul Tracing Grass needed to be nourished with the heart's blood. Therefore, whoever wanted to use it must nourish it with his or her own heart’s blood. If another person’s blood was used, the amount must be double.

However, Sui Xian was just a fractured soul. Where would Yan Jin get his heart’s blood? Even if it was possible, Yan Jin wasn’t willing to let Sui Xian suffer. So, he quietly raised the grass himself.