72

Due to his identity and many other previous preparations, Shen Zhixian’s transition into the Qingyun Sect Leader’s position was much smoother than Song Ming’s.

He disclosed Song Ming’s guilt to the sect members and sent many letters and gifts to make amends to the small sects that had been injured. He pushed all the mistakes, some half-truths and some half-lies, on to Song Ming’s shoulders.

Those small sect leaders received the heavy gifts but were still somewhat unwilling. However, the demons and monsters that had been raging recently had tossed them enough. Now that Qingyun Sect was putting on an attitude, they hesitated for a long time and found that they could endure.

No matter how bad it was, it would be like striking at a stone with eggs.

Time hastily passed by, and in a flash, a year was gone.

During that year, Shen Zhixian and Yan Jin were still in separate locations, both very busy with their own work. Often, Yan Jin would cast an illusion at night and the two of them would embrace briefly under the moon.

They deliberately didn’t announce the relationship between them. The sect disciples still thought that Yan Jin was out gaining practical experience. But, sometimes, they would wonder why the sect leader was in such a good mood that day--Naturally, it was because Yan Jin came to visit the previous night.

Fourth Elder guessed something, but Shen Zhixian didn’t mention it and so he didn’t say anything either. He thought that these were young people; he was just an elderly single man. It's best not to embroil himself in it.

Fourth Elders met the other elders’ doubtful eyes and slowly revealed a calm and unpredictable smile.

No one knew that, in addition to a new sect leader, they also gained a new….uh…

Fourth Elder remembered Yan Jin’s cold and indifferent appearance, hesitated for a moment, but still resolutely chose to safeguard his young martial nephew’s dignity. He silently filled in the last half of the words in his heart.

…What about the new sect leader’s wife?

Yan Jin wasn’t idle either. Within a year, he’d completely subjugated the wasteland, including the demons and monsters inside and outside.

The fact that he’d become a devil could not be changed or reversed. The only thing he could do now was to try and get close to Shen Zhixian, to make himself strong, and to protect Shen Zhixian in the future.

The remaining demons and monsters in the wasteland didn’t have strong killing intent in their hearts to begin with and were gradually converted. After receiving the baptism of Yan Jin’s brutal beating, they expressed their surrender without hesitation.

So, not only must they abandon their life of drinking blood, they must also go out from time to time to slay those demons and monsters who had escaped to cause chaos.

The demons and monsters in the wasteland were nearly in tears. Anyway, they were also brothers who’d lived for thousands of years. Now that they could kill each other, this was really too…

Too good!

The demons used all the spirit stones earned from hunting other demons and monsters to buy human food. After surrounding the food in excitement, eating with tears in their eyes—

Oh!

Why didn’t they find this better than raw meat before?

It was a pity that they have too few spirit stones and too little food. Each demon only had a pitiful few and, after a few mouthfuls, it was all gone. Not to mention filling their stomach, it wasn’t even enough to fill their teeth.