52

No one expected this to suddenly happen. The youth never thought that A’Lin would act so suddenly. What’s more, their bodies were so close together that the youth was completely defenseless against him.

Shen Zhixian stood far away and neither he nor Yan Jin were paying attention to what they were doing. They only looked over when they heard strange movements, just in time to see a hand completely penetrate the youth’s chest before pulling back sharply.

The scene was terrible.

Yu Yuan was the first to react. He shouted A’Lin’s name sternly and took two steps forward, wanting to catch the murderous A’Lin.

But Yu Yuan had scruples and didn’t immediately pull out a sword. A’Lin didn’t have so much restraint. On his pale face, his lips hooked, revealing a smile full of evil humor. His bloody hand curled into claws and flashed toward Yu Yuan.

After witnessing the skill with which this claw can penetrate the chest, Yu Yuan didn't dare to take it lightly. He lifted his hand, unsheathed his sword, and blocked A’Lin’s offensive.

Seeing that he couldn't make a move, A’Lin didn’t continue with the battle. He ran away without saying a word.

Except for Yu Yuan and A’Lin, several other disciples surrounded the severely wounded youth. They anxiously tried to give him spiritual power in an attempt to stop the bleeding. With a spasm in his throat, the youth vomited a bubble of blood, then he opened his eyes wide and let out a silent gasp.

With a single glance, Shen Zhixian could see that the youth could not be saved. When he noticed that A’Lin was running away, he instinctively tried to chase after him. But Yu Yuan stopped in front of him. “What do you intend to do?”

Yu Yuan heard his fellow disciples shouting for him, telling him the youth was dying. This all happened so suddenly, causing his stress level to dramatically rise. His hand holding the sword bulged with blue tendons. If one were to look carefully, one could see that his hand was also shaking.

Of course, he knew that Shen Zhixian wanted to chase after A’Lin. He also wanted to chase after him and wanted to ask what was going on. But the other disciples were here, and with Yan Jin here too, he couldn’t feel rest assured.

...As for Yan Jin and this man, who knew if they will even return.

After so much delay, A’Lin’s figure had already disappeared. When Shen Zhixian saw that he was gone, he pulled his gaze to the group of chaotic youths. He sighed and, with obvious compassion in his eyes, said, "No more chasing. You should look at your fellow disciples first. "

Yi Yuan saw that the two people really didn't intend to leave. Gritting his teeth, he re-sheathed his sword and hurried to the injured youth’s side.  Because he was kneeling on one knee, his attention fixed on the dying young man in front of him, he didn’t notice that when Shen Zhixian turned around, he calmly flicked his fingertips.

There was a cluster of grass by the side of the road. When the strand of breeze blew across it, a half-finger blade of grass broke off. It floated a little, fluttered toward the ground, and disappeared silently in the direction that A’Lin had ran away.

Yu Yuan's hand paused for a long time on the side of the severely injured youth’s neck, which was gradually turning cold. The neck was motionless, the pulse there no longer jumping.

The other three disciples were originally calling out the youth’s name. But when they looked at Yu Yuan, they slowly stopped.

With red eyes, the junior disciple who’d had the best relationship with the dead youth said, “Senior Brother Yuan, he…”