25

The last day of the Sword Competition Assembly ended in a mess.

Elder Shen “fainted” and was picked up by his disciple. Under everyone’ shocked gaze, Yan Jin directly held the person, leaving behind a sentence, “Yan Shen’s matter can be left for Sect Leader Song to decide,” before hurrying away.   

Song Ming was so annoyed that the table corner on the other side was also crushed into pieces.

Under everyone’s gaze, he could only order for Yan Shen to be locked in the sect dungeon to await further punishments. The worst of it was that, in this way, Yen Shen could not “accidentally” have a mishap. After all, the person was under his nose. If something were to happen, it would only give cause for others to talk about him.

Song Ming hated gossip about himself, especially because he lacked ability when compared to others. Whenever he heard something to this degree, he would quietly bear it in his heart, and in the future, he would find an opportunity to exact vengeance just as quietly.

After handing the rest of the matters to the other elders, Song Ming took the blue tendons that were bubbling up in his head and left with a cold face, flicking his sleeves—not because he didn’t want to maintain the kind and steady image of the sect leader but because he was afraid he might spit blood otherwise!

The kind of person that man was, he sure could teach his disciple to be just the same!

An arrogant person like Shen Zhixian should have no disciple!

Song Ming returned to his room, so angry that he flipped a table, knocking over the cups, which shattered on the ground. His chest rapidly rose and fell as he panted, his face as dark as the bottom of a pot.

How did things manage to develop so out of control today?!!

When Shen Zhixian was in the limelight, he could do nothing but peep secretly like a mouse hiding in the gutter, suffering from the great disparities between their strengths. Later, he waited with great difficulty for something to happen to Shen Zhixian’s body. He’d overcame all the stumbling blocks that stood in his way, only to reach this point

In the first year, he was quite smooth, holding the image of a good sect leader and a good brother. Although Shen Zhixian was cold to him, he could still bear with it.

But, since the failure of the Hidden Sword Pavilion, he felt that Shen Zhixian was gradually returning to his original self; every move, every smile, all revealing a superior and noble image!

In front of Shen Zhixian, even if he was the Sect Leader, he was still wholly inferior!

Song Ming bitterly hated. Tea drenched the corner of his robe, turning it cold, matching the gradually deepening chill in his expression.

He’d not retreated since doing that thing that year.

Retreat was for the dead. Losing was for the dead.

He had only one path and that was forward.

..............................................

Fifth Peak, in the summit house.

Smelling the familiar bitterness, Shen Zhixian didn’t know whether he should continue to pretend to be unconscious or to “wake up.”

If he continued to be unconscious, his intimate disciple might fill him with a pot of elixir. If he “woke up,” Yan Jin might be more forgiving and allow him to drink only half.

The thought was like a stone being lifted from his mind. Shen Zhixian put on the act of an ancestor, mumbling in a low voice and gradually shifting his body on the bed. His eyelids slowly drifted open.