46

It was due to a coincidence that the former Shen Zhixian became acquainted with the painted skin demon.

When he saw her, he was just a young man who had yet to reach the peak of cultivation. He was exactly at the age where he was curious about everything. Moreover, he’d been diligently cultivating within the sect for many years and so it was rare for him to see such a bustling and noisy place. He couldn’t help himself and stopped to look around.

It happened that the foot of the city was built along the river and, on the spacious river, there were several exquisite pleasure boats, all brightly lit and some decorated with colorful lanterns and silk ribbons. All kinds of beauties stood by the railing, looking out with charming eyes.

Sui Xian, with a sense of insight, randomly picked a pleasure boat to enter.

At that time, he didn’t know too much about it. What he entered was a pleasure boat adorned with lanterns. As soon as he entered, everyone seemed to wrap around him, making it difficult for him to move.

His original appearance was too outstanding so he’d modified it somewhat, making it so that, although his appearance hadn’t changed much, people would easily overlook him.

Yet, his temperament couldn't be deliberately hidden. Although ordinary mortals couldn’t see through his illusion, they could still sense his noble temperament. As a result, all the girls and young men felt that he was a big guest, and they all came over to try their best to catch his attention.

Sui Xian was suddenly surrounded by rouged and powdered faces and assailed by strong perfume, making him nearly turn around to leave.

—The reason he didn’t leave was because he was attracted by a movement by the window.

At the table next to the window, there were a few richly dressed young men teasing the girl who was there to accompany them. They were not polite and their hands were not honest.

The girl dressed in pink seemed to be trapped in a wolf’s den, and there was nowhere for her to move to avoid their paws. The girl frowned slightly and softly rejected them, “Slave only came to sing a song.”

Among these young masters was an elder brother who had drunk too much. He pulled her toward him, dragging her until she fell and ended up sitting on his thigh.

The girl in pink struggled to get away, but she was held tight and unable to move. He said, “Who do you think you are? This old man is here to have fun. I have plenty of money, yet you dare to refuse…”

His two hands fiddled with her body, parting her outer jacket. The girl with the peach blossom face went cold, and then in the next moment, she smiled and asked softly, “Is the guest so insistent?”

This young master was not low in status and would usually indulge himself without any restraint. At this moment, he was urged on by several of his companions. His head was hot, and he didn’t realize there were any hidden dangers at all. He laughed wildly, “You accompany this old man. This old man—”

Before he’d even finished speaking, he became stunned when tea suddenly splashed across his face. The tea dripped down his forehead, with a few tea leaves affixed to his cheeks.  

“Who was it?” The young master was furious. The cold tea did not sober him up but was instead like pouring oil on fire, flaming his anger. He shoved the girl in pink aside and angrily stood up. “Who dared pour tea on this old master?!”

At this time, Sui Xian took the opportunity to grab the ribbon of colored silk next to him and tossed it toward the girl. The end of the silk ribbon wrapped around the girl’s wrist, pulling her away from the wolf’s den.