77

Duan Yuan was scared half to death. He held the person, not knowing what to do.

He placed a trembling hand over the bloody hole on Lian Qin’s chest. He was so panicked and anxious that he couldn’t think of how he should place his hand. He only knew that when he lightly pressed his hand on Lian Qin’s chest, Lian Qin’s brows furrowed in pain and more blood gushed out.

"Senior Brother! Senior Brother!"

Duan Yuan was so scared that he dared not move. He covered Lian Qin’s chest with his hand, feeling a faint heartbeat. His face was pale with panic, as if he was the one who was seriously injured instead. Feeling that Lian Qin was dying, Duan Yuan frantically tried to transfer spiritual qi to Lian Qin, hoping to protect his heart.

Lian Win was the master’s personal inheriting disciple and was cultivated from an early age.

When Duan Yuan was a child, he was too naughty and shamelessly refused to diligently practice. Master would always poke him in the head, hating iron for not becoming steel. “Why don’t you go and look at your senior brother? He is already very talented and everyday, he would get up early to diligently practice, without slacking the slightest bit. Unlike you.”

Jabbing his forehead a with callus fingertip, poking out his dissatisfaction.

Duan Yuan once hated Lian Qin because Master always praised him, until later…

Lian Qin coughed, the sound pulling Duan Yuan’s thoughts back. Lips trembling, he called, “Senior Brother.”

Xue Ci hurried over, pulled out a life-saving elixir, and let Duan Yuan feed it to Lian Qin.

Blood clotted Lian Qin’s throat and he choked a few times before he managed to swallow down the pill.

Xue Ci checked his pulse, and his eyebrows slightly drew down.

Duan Yuan was originally full of hope but, seeing Xue Ci’s expression turn so serious, he didn’t dare to breathe and only looked at him with wide eyes.

Xue Ci withdrew his hand and was about to speak. But, suddenly he saw the two pieces of broken jade. Startled, he picked it up, and after carefully studying it, he hesitantly said, “Twin jade?”

Only then did Duan Yuan notice the jade. He let out a surprised sound and, supporting Lian Qin with one hand, he reached into his chest with his other hand.

A piece of jade identical to the broken jade was brought out.

Lian Qin had given him this piece of jade and told him that it was merely a warm spirit jade and would be beneficial to his cultivation. He’d worn it for many years, and it was very precious to him. But now, the jade body was full of cracks, as if a slight pressure would turn it into powder.

Xue Ci saw the cracked jade in his hand and thoughtfully murmured, “So it turned out to be like this…”

No wonder Lian Qin was so easily affected by the tear demon before. In fact, it was not the tear demon that affected Lian Qin, but Duan Yuan who had affected him.

Duan Yuan was uncertain, and because he was so anxious, he didn’t dare to hurry Xue Ci. He only said, “Senior Xue, what does this mean…?”

Xue Ci weighted the broken jade in his hand. “This is the associated jade.”

He gestured with his chin to the broken jade in Duan Yuan's hand and said, “That is the original jade.”

This was a twin jade rarely seen in the world. It could only be found in an extremely hot volcano and, even then, the jade would need to condense for hundreds of years.