33

The other person was breathing gently, as if this situation was an extremely common occurrence. He was so calm, but the person who uttered the invitation was the one who ended up feeling surprised and unsettled.

The bed was very specious. Despite the fact that they were lying down side by side, there was still half a foot of space between them. Shen Zhixian laid stiffly for a long time before regaining his senses and pulling the cover over himself.

The other person, who hadn't spoken and hadn't moved since lying down, finally reacted. He pulled the cover up to his lower abdomen, slightly tilted his head, and said in a low voice, "Sui Xian, good night."

"Good night," Shen Zhixian subconsciously responded. After watching the other person close his eyes, Shen Zhixian forced himself to calm down, straightened his sleeping position, and closed his eyes.

But his drowsiness was gone. Even with his eyes closed, he still could not sleep.

In the dark, without his vision, the other senses became magnified countless times. Shen Zhixian could clearly feel the heat emanating from Yan Jin, which made him keenly aware of the chill in his own body. He couldn't help but feel the impulse to inch closer.

It's all good. Calm down. Go to sleep. After all, it was just Yan Jin. It was perfectly normal for him to want to take a good rest after so many days without it.

He pinched himself under the cover, determined to force himself to dispel any distracted thoughts and welcome sleep. He laid for a long time, and finally...

Found that he still couldn't sleep.

He wanted to turn over, to roll about, to banish the chill by rolling up in the comforter.

But Yan Jin was lying nearby. If he rolled around, he would disturb Yan Jin.

After so long, Yan Jin should have fallen asleep already....Shen Zhixian struggled with himself for a long time but, in the end, he couldn't help it. He began to move carefully.

His movements were already very light, but it still disturbed Yan Jin. When a low, husky "Sui Xian" sounded, Shen Zhixian froze and then immediately apologized, "I still woke you up..."

"I wasn't asleep," Yan Jin said. In the darkness, he turned his head to the side. Spiritual power condensed in his eyes, allowing him to easily see Shen Zhixian's action with the comforter. He asked, "Sui Xian, are you cold?"

"Mmn..." Shen Zhixian said vaguely, shrinking into the bed again. The chill seemed to be internal, making him think his cold constitution was brought about by the heart damage. In fact, no matter how many comforters he used, he would still feel cold.

In the dark, he didn't see that Yan Jin's ears were turning red. He only heard Yan Jin calmly ask him, "Would you like to embrace?"

Ah?

Yan Jin's tone was so calm, which was completely within Yan Jin's style, that after hearing such words, Shen Zhixian couldn't respond for a moment. He even suspected that he'd heard it wrong. He repeated doubtfully, "Embrace?"

The person next to him moved. In the next moment, the young man leaned over, quickly hugged him across the comforter, then quickly retreated. He said in a calm voice, "Like this. An embrace."

The warmth was so fleeting that Shen Zhixian had to restrain the urge to reach out and capture it back. He coughed awkwardly. If not for the fact that he thought Yan Jin wasn't able to see clearly in the dark, he would be glaring at him. "Why did you do that?!"

Yan Jin was silent for a moment, before he quietly said, "In the past, I used to feel cold when I fell asleep, so someone would hold me like that..."