24

Alarm flashed across the crowd like a chain reaction, turning the atmosphere tense enough to cut through.

After a brief silence, there was a noise like oil splashing into a pan, and countless skeptical eyes pierced like sharp knives.

Yan Jin shifted, as if he was about to stand. A glacial, indifferent chill emanated from him. Shen Zhixian, who stood close to him, felt the extraordinary and conspicuous foreign energy.

Gloomy and ruthlessly tyrannical.

It instantly reminded him of the sword strike that Yan Jin had used a long time ago, and he remembered how his eyes had taken on this same ruthless and indifferent mien.

Shen Zhixian didn’t look behind him. Instead, he accurately gripped Yan Jin’s hand behind him, passing a soft and gentle pulse of qi into his body.

Yan Jin subconsciously wanted to resist but Shen Zhixian was holding on strategically to his wrist, making him unable to break away.

There was no expression on Shen Zhixian's face, but in his heart, there was a stormy sea.

A strand of devil qi was running wildly in Yan Jin's veins, arrogantly staining the originally pure spiritual qi and turning it dark and gloomy.

Obviously, this devil qi had been entrenched in Yan Jin's body for a long time. It had grown so wild that, even if Yan Jin had no intention of enter the devil’s path, he would be forced into it eventually.

Shen Zhixian gritted his teeth, and without hesitation, stripped the strand of devil qi from Yan Jin’s spirit roots, pulling it out of him and into himself.

Yan Jin's hand shook slightly, and he suddenly tilted his head to look at Shen Zhixian, his lips trembling. "Master ..."

He tried to retract his hand almost immediately, but Shen Zhixian tightened his hold, refusing to let go.

Luckily, there was not much devil qi, and it was quickly introduced into Shen Zhixuan's body.

Shen Zhixian slowly retracted his hand. The devil qi raced through his body, turning his blood volatile. He clenched his hands into fists, kept them hidden in his sleeves, and endured the pain. His face was composed as he coldly said, "Yan Shen, you’ve allowed Master to be very disappointed.”

“Before, when you framed A’jin at the Hidden Sword Pavilion, I turned the other way because you were young. In the past few years, you’d repeatedly embarrassed A’jin time and again. And, still, I did not blame you much.”

This response was completely different from Yan Shen’s expectations. Shocked, he snapped his head up and opened his mouth, wanting to speak.

But, Shen Zhixian did not give him the opportunity to speak and continued to say calmly, “A’jin has suffered enough grievances for the time being and certainly owes you nothing. But, now you’ve planted such a thing and endangered the sect. Not only that, you still wanted to frame A’jin.”

Third Elder responded in a timely manner. “Hidden Sword Pavilion? Elder Shen suddenly mentioned this. Was it regarding that time when Yan Jin trespassed into the Hidden Sword Pavilion? Was there a secret ulterior motive? Furthermore, what about these devil cultivators?”

Shen Zhixian said indifferently, “There’s no ulterior motive, just a gross injustice.”

He took a breath and flipped his wrist. A sword appeared in his hand from out of thin air. The sword emitted a faint aroma. A light mist floated from the sword and gradually condensed into a sword spirit.

Seeing the sword spirit, Song Ming’s face changed slightly, but he immediately calmed down. Aside from the fact that he kept watching Shen Zhixian from the corner of his eyes, no one found him abnormal at all.