Chapter 30

Qwens POV

Wow that was amazing, I knew that Lita was a survivor but wow she really scared that whore, left her bleeding but alive. She is better than me. I would have ripped that whores throat out, then played with her insides.

We were always taught and brought up to respect that we have a chosen and mate out there, we should be loyal and true. I may not have found my one and only but I will one day and I will be able to say I was loyal to the teeth for him.

Sharni and Con are with me as we decompress in the royals mansion, we are all staying here for, well a long while. We saw Luc pick Lita up and all but run back to our house, growling at anyone in his way. Making everyone to back away and laugh as we all knew what they were gonna do, not something I wanna hear as his sister.

Sharni is looking through books in the library and Con is sitting back in a chair with his music on, looking at him I feel that he is my type and if I did not have a mate he would be who I would go for. Damn it I wish he was my mate sometime.

I hear a deep growl from behind me and see Eli watching me watch Con in anger, why the fuck is he growling at me. Before I could ask him he spins on his heels and stomps angrily out the room.

Looking at Sharni and Con they both looked as bewildered as I felt, after a few minutes mulling over why he could be growling at me and be angry at me. I decide I have had enough and go to follow him, walking down the halls I start to smell something faint, a scent that calls to me. Stopping still I sniff the air and drag deep the scent I have caught, my wolf in me purrs and crumbles a happy growl before saying 'Mate'.

Oh my Goddess my Mates is here, but why is he here? All but running the halls I follow the faint scent, why is it so faint?

As I catch up to it I am in front of Elijah's room, why am I here, why is the scent here. He is not my mate, I would have scented it by now,we would have connected by now.

Thinking I need to know I do not knock and I open the door wide to enter, but pause in my steps as I see him there in only his black dress trousers, no shoes no shirt, his muscles ripple under his skin as he sprays a lot of what can only be deodorant all over his body. As he sees me he pauses and his eyes turn gold, looking deep in my eyes. My heart is slowed and I can truly say, I wish he was my mate for that body alone.

"What are you doing in here, get out!" Eli growled at me, he never growls at me.

"Wh-at, I- I!" I stumbled over my words as for some reason his words hurt me.

"I said get out!" HE said sharply.

Shaking my head I scurry out and slam the door behind me and walk down the halls, my mates scent lost and disappeared. But I do not think of that, all I can hear in my ears is Elijah growling angry at me. Tears running down my face I leave the mansion and walk away from it all.

Sharni POV

Looking over an old version of Dracula, I laugh softly at it. Me and Con came here to relax after the excitement we have seen lately, we have not fed in a few days and we were waiting for Qwen to come back from following the Prince Elijah. He did not seem to like that Qwen was looking at my brother with lust in her eyes, do not get me wrong I think it's yucky but that's because it's my brother, it would be weird if I thought of him in lust.

But if I didn't know better, I would think he was jealous and her Mate, but he would have grabbed her if he was by now. Weird, I am glad I have not found my mate. I can watch any sexy piece of man beef I want and not care.

"Think she is ok?" Con asks me from his chair, he looks to the door and then back to me. I can see he has started to connect to our wolf friend as she has to him. But he knows we have to wait for our chosens.

"Yea, she probs just beating manners in him!" I tell Con.

"He acted like he was her mate, think he is?" Con asked.

"Na, she would be all over him if he was and he her!" I laugh to Con. "they be like Lita and her mate right now, humping like bunnies"

"Yea but something is odd here!" Con says.

"Odd how?" I wonder to him in seriousness.

"His scent, it's incomplete!" Con says as he looks to the door of the library.

"What do you mean incomplete?" I ask as I had not really scented the man.

"It's like a piece is missing, he is all wolf and musk but no personal scent!" Con says. His nose is stronger than most anyone I know, if someone is gonna scent this it would be him.

"Well, it's not nothing to do with us, let's just wait for Qwennie to come back, I am getting hungry!" I reason with Con, once he has a mystery he wants to solve it.

"Okay, I just worry about her!" Con says softly.

"You can not get too close bro, she has a mate somewhere!" I tell him seriously.

"I know, but I can not help feel a connection!" Con says offhandedly as he keeps looking at the door.

"Yes but she has a mate somewhere as do you!" I remind him.

"No I do not!" Con muttered low but I heard him.

"What do you mean, course you do we all do!" I tell him.

"I found mine, 10 years back!" Con says clearly now looking me in the eyes.

"What? But where is she?" I ask worriedly, once we find our mate we can not easily walk away.

"Dead" Con says simply.

"Dead? But how brother?" I ask now that I'm scared for him, we do not usually survive the loss of our chosen.

"She was of the village near home, she was old before I was old enough to sense her. She was human, old and married with children!" Con tells me and a sad look is in his eyes. "She died not long after I found her. So no I have no Mate"

"Why did you not tell the family?" I ask as a tear falls down my face. "You said you were coming to see the world and find your mate, How are you here?"

"No use, not a lot anyone can do. And I do not know, I needed to get away from home and this was how. Then I met her, she lit up my soul again. But I know she is not mine to keep!" Con says sadly.

Looking at my brother we go quiet and he goes back to watching the door and I sit back, the book forgotten as I look at my brother who now seems so much more mature than before. He is not my dingbat brother anymore, he is my survivor brother.

Eli's POV

Fuck, damn, bugger it. I lost control, I can not do that, I can not lose control now I have made it for so long. But seeing her look at that bloodsucker with lust in her eyes triggered my wolf, he did not like her looking at other men that way. So he let a growl out before I could stop him, her eyes were so wide in shock, I just had to get out of there quickly, not listening to anything anyone said.

I ran to my room and it was there that I realized the scent was getting strong, was coming back. I had stripped my shirt off and was reapplying the spray the witch had made me when she rushed in, it took me a few moments to look up at her, her affect on me still strong. But as I looked at her looking at me in pure lust I Went defensive and growled harshly at her talking to her sharp.

I watched as tears welled up in her beguiling sweet brown eyes, and my wolf whimpered as I felt my heart tear and brake at her hurt by me, but I needed her to leave me, so I growled until she ran from us in tears and slammed the door.

My wolf has turned on me growling and pacing in my mind, trying to take over so he could follow her, so he could follow our mate.