adopt - poddgawin

"are you sure about this?" podd softly asked as he eyed his fiance below him, gawin sighed as he nodded. a smile creaked through podd's mouth as he pecked his partner's forehead.

"let's go then." they stood up from the couch of their newly-bought house right after podd proposed a few months ago, they have been together for 5 years and a half. both of them finally agreed to start a family together.

the drive to the orphanage was filled with heart poundings and tense atmosphere, they were still not sure about taking care of a child, not sure of what the society may judge on the idea gay parents.

podd saw gawin biting his thumb again, his old habit of reacting to nervousness. he took his partner's hand and squeezed it lightly, "it's okay. if you still have second thoughts, we can turn back." podd said.

gawin looked at him and shook his head, "no. i really want to, i always picture having kids running around our house. them calling you pho, you playing with them." a chuckle escaped gawin's mouth as he kept imagining a happy family with the man he loves.

pho (p-ho) : dad
mae () : mom

podd smiled and turned the steering wheel to park in front of an old orphanage, green ivy leaves growing on the edges. podd turned off the car and was about to leave the vehicle, when gawin grabbed his hand and pulled him back in.

"what's wrong?" podd asked, gawin stared at him, breathing heavily. "how's my hair?" he asked, podd chuckled and stroked his soft cheek. "perfect, it looks perfect." he answered, gawin smiled and got out of the car.

they walked hand in hand towards the front desk, where a plump senior woman sat and was writing on a notepad. she noticed the couple's presence and slowly stood up with a bright smile, "welcome to our orphanage! please make yourselves comfortable."

she was super kind and sweet, she opened a small gate and revealed a bunch of toddlers playing on a large carpet. the room was an open space with large windows around, the room was lit nicely, taking advantage of the greens outside. cabinets filled with toys and books, toddlers running around with their caretakers, is a scene any expecting parent would love to see.

gawin eyed the toddlers while podd chatted with the woman, "how old are they?" podd asked, the woman eyed them. "around 3-8 years old, most of them were left here when they were still a few months old. their parents didn't have enough money to raise them, they said they would come back when they have a good amount of money, but only some of them came back for their child."

podd nodded in sympathy, until he bumped into gawin's shoulder. "gawin?" podd called out, gawin was frozen as podd followed his gaze to a small boy running around with a caretaker.

his smile lit up the whole room, his little giggles were absolute melody to the ears, and his glistening eyes are to die for. gawin walked away and towards the child, podd followed behind him.

the kid stopped in his tracks and stared at gawin who's approaching him, he got scared and hid behind his caretaker. gawin knelt down and eyed the little kid. "hey, what's your name, little guy?"

the little kid didn't answer as he tucked his caretaker's uniform, she chuckled and lightly pushed him towards gawin.
"b-bright, krab.."

they end their sentence with 'krab' (khab) to show their politeness.

gawin hummed and smiled at the little kid, "how old is he?" gawin asked the caretaker, "about to turn 5 this sunday." she smiled as she patted bright's head, gawin smiled and eyed podd who's admiring bright's tiny figure.