Police Brutality

Breaking news: Rapper/Actor Romeo Miller mistaken identity by LAPD, Selena Gomez hospitalized.

News about Selena were all over social media and news platforms. Mandy was heartbroken to hear about her daughter. What sucks even more she wasn't allowed to see her at the hospital due to the pandemic. Mandy was on the phone while her leg was bouncing. "I'm calling about Selena.. Selena Gomez. She's my daughter" Mandy had to give out personal information since Selena is a celebrity and they needed proof that she's was her mother. After giving out her social security and etc they put Selena's doctor on the phone. "Ms. Gomez suffered from a serious brain injury. She had a blood clot to her brain. Which caused her to have surgery. Their was complications during that surgery" Mandy closed her eyes feeling her heart hurting. The last time she heard about complications at the hospital Selena nearly died. "Selena is in a coma right now. " Mandy cried into Brian's chest. "Coma... please no. Please God I need my daughter to be fine. To be alive.." Mandy cried. "I'm really sorry" the doctor said feeling bad.

Meanwhile, Romeo was at the police station filing a complaint. "We didn't do anything. I was buying her a Reese's when I end up getting attacked by 3 officers" he gave out the badge numbers of the officers. "They pulled me out of the gas station and started attacking me to the ground. I asked why am I getting arrested. I had no clue about what was going on. One of your men pressed his knee down on my neck... My girlfriend got out the car and asked what I did and she was filming with her phone. Then she ends up getting attacked. That damn officer tossed her phone from out of her hand and swung her to the ground. She's at the hospital right now. She wasn't breathing or moving. I want them fired or I'm suing this damn department. We could be dead right now if they haven't checked her phone to see who she really was."

After leaving the police station Romeo was frustrated because he knew he couldn't go to the hospital because they won't let him in. He decided to drive over her house where Mandy and Brian are. Brian opened the door "hi" he told Romeo who looked miserable. Brian opened the door wider as Romeo stepped inside. Brian closed the door seeing Mandy seated on the couch. She looked over at him crying. Romeo looked away biting his lip as he felt many emotions. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you or anything?" Mandy asked him. She seen the footage like everyone else has. "No.. I'm not okay. My girlfriend.." he just started crying. Mandy stood up from the couch and rushed to his side hugging him tightly. Brian sighed and placed his hand on top of Romeo's shoulder.

Mandy didn't want Selena in the hospital at this time. It wasn't safe. She didn't want her to catch coronavirus since patients are in the hospital currently with it. She asked if they could let her come home and just have a nurse come from time to time which they hesitated to do at first but end up agreeing to do. 8 hours later Selena was brought home. They carried her into her bedroom and gently placed her in her own bed. The nurse let them know if anything happens to press the button they'll come right away. Mandy was exhausted and so was Brian but they didn't want to leave Selena side. "It's fine.. I'll stay here with her" Romeo told them. Mandy hugged him tight and thanked him. She kissed his cheek before leaving the room with Brian closing the door behind them. Romeo looked at Selena who had a bandage on her forehead from having surgery. He kicked his shoes off and laid besides her. He was half spooning her, wrapping an arm around her waist.

Romeo's POV

This hurts. Selena shouldn't be in this position. This is my fault. I shouldn't have had her out so late. I should've just let her sleep but stupid me didn't and now look at her. What if she doesn't survive this? The whole world will hate me, I'll hate me..

Romeo knew he wasn't going to be able to sleep. How could he? Selena is in a coma. Her being swung to the ground hitting her head while he couldn't do anything but watch ran through his mind. It made him angry. He wish he would've done something but how? He was pinned down by two officers. Even if he would've been able to get out of their grip he would probably be dead right now. What he would do to hear her voice right now. Her laugh and see her beautiful smile. He was frustrated and anxious. He hate this feeling. He heard the door open thinking it was Mandy. When he looked over his shoulder he saw Gracie. He got up quickly not wanting her to see her sister in this position. "Sissy" she called out. "Hey sweetheart.. your sister is asleep.. what are you doing up?" Gracie couldn't sleep and was wondering why Selena had a bandage on her forehead and cords taped to her arms with a breathing mask on. "How about you and I go in the living room and watch some cartoons?" Romeo of course didn't want to leave her side but he didn't want to worry Gracie plus she can't sleep. He took her to the living room and turned the TV on. "Can we watch Frozen 2?" He nodded "of course we can."

Romeo was seated on the couch next to Gracie watching Frozen 2. Well he wasn't really watching it. All he could think about is Selena. He had made a bowl of popcorn for Gracie to eat while watching her movie. "Are you my sisters boyfriend?" Romeo looked down at Gracie who was staring up at him. "I am" he told her. "Do you love her?" Gracie is young but she knows how Justin treated her. "I love her very much" he told her as his eyes started to get watery with the thought of losing her forever. Gracie surprised him with a hug which made him smile for the first time since before the brutality. "Your sister is one of a kind. She's rare and I'll do anything I can to show her what real love is" he smiled down at her who looked up at him with a smile.

*To Be Continued*