Patience

Selena's POV

Romeo looked so exhausted

Romeo looked so exhausted. I don't think he had been to sleep.. since I've been in a coma so he probably wanted to stay awake until I woke up from it. But that's not the only thing.. I see pain in his eyes. It's frustrating because Romeo would never lie to me. So when he says I'm his girlfriend I have to be but I just don't understand how either. When he kissed me I didn't feel anything. All I can think about was Abel who is my boyfriend, right? I'm so confused.

"Are you okay?" Selena asked softly as she stared over at him. "I'm fine, you're the one who was in a coma" he couldn't look at her because he had so many different emotions. "I'm fine other than my head hurts a little but I'll live.." she told him. She placed her hand on his knee seeing him stare down at her hand. "I'm just worried about you. I don't want you to be upset with me Romeo..." he looked over at her "I'm good Selena" he tried to convince her. "Something tells me you're lying to me.. you don't do that.. we don't do that" she said assuredly. "I just don't know what to do Selena. I don't know where to start" he shrugged. "It broke my heart when I saw you being swung to the ground. I hate that I put you in that position. I'm so sorry Selena" he shook his head after looking away from her. "Hey.. look at me" she told him seeing him look back at her. "Don't apologize Romeo. I'm alive that's all that matter right now" she told him. Romeo sighed because he wanted them to be together. He got the girl and now he has to figure out how to get her once again. "I'm starving" she mentioned. "What would you like?" Selena told him In & Out would be great. She wanted to go with him but he suggested that she stays. It's not good to go out right now plus she needs to rest up.

When Romeo got back Selena was laying down in bed cuddled up with Gracie who was sleeping with Brian and Mandy seated by the bed. "I don't understand. I mean we aren't together from what you're saying.. I still love him. Why not try to get back together with him?" Romeo over heard Selena talk to Brian and Mandy about Abel which hurt him. He held his composure and walked in the bedroom. Selena was a little taken back when she saw him. She wondered if he heard the conversation. All eyes were on him. "I'm sorry I forgot to ask if y'all wanted anything..." Romeo said with Brian and Mandy assuring him that it is okay. "We have leftovers. Let's get this little pumpkin to bed" Brian stood up and carefully took Gracie in his arms. "Get some rest kiddo" he told Selena. Mandy kissed her forehead before telling Selena she loves her. "I love you too momma" Selena smiled as she watched them leave the room closing the door behind them.

Her smiled faded as she had her eyes on Romeo who was taking her food from out of the bag. He was quiet and not making any sorta eye contact with her. "You can sit down, I want your company" she told him. He hesitated at first before he sat down and continued to take her food out. "Are you okay..." she kind of knew he heard the conversation about Abel. "Yeah.." he lied. "You're lying to me again..." Selena sighed. Romeo tossed a fry in his mouth causing her to giggle. "Hey thats mine!" Even though he was hurting from the fact that he almost lost Selena and that she might end up getting back together with Abel, he can find a little humor through tragedy. "Come and get it" he looked over his shoulder with a smirk before laughing with her. "It's good to hear it" she said with a smile. "What?" Romeo hasn't really hasn't smiled or laughed since the tragedy. "You laughing. I want to continue to hear it" she continued to smile as she placed her hand on top of his hand that was placed on the bed.

Selena was eating while they sat and watched The Intruder starring Michael Ealy & Meagan Good. "This is intense" she said. She realized that he didn't buy himself anything to eat. "Want a bite?" Selena held her burger in front of his mouth. "I'm okay" he told her. "Please?" She begged. He chuckled as he saw her batting her eyes. "Yeah, sure" he took a bite.

Romeo's POV

This is going to be the most challenging thing I ever go through

This is going to be the most challenging thing I ever go through. I can't just walk away. What kind of guy would that make me? It's not Selena's fault that she's in this position. I'm sure she would do anything to gain her memory back. Until then I have to do my best to show her how I became her boyfriend. I have to love her hard as hell. I have to do everything I can to prove that I am the man for her or she'll go back to Abel. This won't be easy. I must be patient. This is my second chance to get her to fall in love with me.

After eating Selena sat back against the headboard as she watched the movie but her eyes kept shifting from the tv to Romeo who was watching the movie. "This part is about to be good" Romeo chuckled. A small smile formed on her face as she admired him from a side. "Lay with me" she said softly. Romeo looked over his shoulder seeing her laying down. He stood up and kicked his shoes off before laying down besides her. She slowly moved closer to him and laid her head against his chest. She got chills when she felt his arm wrap around her waist. "I feel like I'm cheating" she giggled. "Oh... sorry.." Romeo moved his arm which made her confused. "Why did you move your arm?" Romeo didn't want to make things awkward for her. "You said you feel like you're cheating... you still think you're The Weeknd's girl. I don't want you to feel like you're cheating on him by cuddling with me" he told her. Selena raised her head up looking up at him before sitting up. "I feel like I'm cheating on you... not him. Being with Abel is the last thing I remember.. him and I being a couple but it's obvious that we aren't a couple anymore."

Romeo sat up as well and looked over at her who was looking down at her hands. "I want to remember. I don't want you to think I'm bullshit you. Like I'm going to run back to him. Of course I'm going to have to end up talking to him but you don't have to worry too much. Besides, I am curious about how happy I was on that voice message" she told him. "Voice message?" Romeo had no idea Selena left a voice message. "Momma said I left a voice message gushing about you. So it's obvious that I was happy. I want you to give me that feeling. Even if I don't gain my memory back..." she told him. "Are you sure?" Selena gave him a smile before laying her head against his shoulder "Yes."

*To Be Continued*