Taking a risk

Selena's grandparents are staying at Selena's new mansion in Encino while she stays at her old studio home in LA. Her grandparents decided to come see her so that her parents can get some grocery shopping in. "I don't know what to do.. he says we are a couple but all I remember is being with Abel.." she told her grandparents. "Sweetheart, you and Abel broke up in 2017 and you began dating Justin for the zillionth time" hearing Justin's name made her cringe. "I think I hurt Rome's feelings..." she sighed. "I told him I'm with Abel and the look on his face was heartbreaking. He won't even talk to me..." she looked down. "Just give him time sweetie. He will eventually come around" Selena's grandpa told her.

Meanwhile with Romeo. "I'll get the door" he shouted before standing up from the couch. He walked to the door and opened it seeing Brian and Mandy standing at the door besides Inty. "They want to talk to you" Inty said before walking passed her older brother. Romeo welcomed them in his families estate. They sat on the couch while he sat in a chair facing them. "I know the situation is difficult. Seeing her with Abel must be hard. Especially when you two were a couple before she lost her memory. But Rome you shouldn't give up so easily. My daughter will gain her memory back. I have faith and you need to have faith as well" Mandy told him. "Brian and I are going to stay at her mansion while she stays at her city home. I want you to be there with her" Rome sighed not liking the idea. "So that she could invite Abel over and I hear them do things behind closed doors.. I'll pass on that" he said.  "No I want you there so you can show her how much you love her. You giving up won't help her remember. It won't help her fall in love with you. You will just be pushing her away. Listen to her song vulnerable where she says 'If I show you all my demons, & we dive into the deep end, will we crash and burn like every time before?' don't crash Rome" Mandy said before Brian began to speak. "She's going insane at the house. She's desperate to hear your voice, to see your face. You have to swallow your pride and be there for her. This isn't her fault that she lost her memory. Something inside of her know who she truly belongs to. Like my wife said, you can't give up on her. If you constantly fight for her, constantly show her why you became her boyfriend, Selena will eventually be yours whether if she remembers or not."

Romeo knew he had to swallow his pride so he decided to go back to the city home after having dinner with his family. Before he arrived to her house Selena was saying goodbye to her mom, stepdad, Gracie, and grandparents. "I can't believe you're leaving me when I need you the most... what if I hurt myself?" Selena didn't know Mandy and Brian have spoken to Romeo and decided for him to stay with her. "You will be fine sweetie, I promise" Mandy told her. Selena was walking her mom to Brian's truck where Brian, Gracie, and her grandparents were in waiting. "I wish Romeo would talk to me.. I just don't get it.. he claims he loves me but chooses to ignore me" Selena sighed in frustration as they stopped outside of the passenger door. "Romeo loves you, he's just frustrated at the situation but needs to understand that he has to be patient. And you have to understand you are his girlfriend." Before Selena could respond she watched her mother pull out her phone. "I wasn't going to show you this but you deserve to hear this. It's not much.. but should be some proof..." Mandy started playing the voice message that Selena left her on speaker

"Hi mom. I figured you'd be sleep right now. Sorry that I'm now calling you. I know you get worried... a lot. Especially with everything going on in the world but I'm fine. I'm with my boyfriend (giggling) Yes I said boyfriend. I'm dating Percy Miller Jr. aka Romeo."

Mandy smiled as she saw her daughters eyes widen. Selena was shocked from hearing her speak highly of him and gushing about him being her man. She continued listening.

"You know? Master P's son. I'll spill the details to you when I come home tomorrow... well.. later on since it is basically tomorrow (laughs) I love you so much mom"

Selena was speechless. "Oh my God... that was me?" Selena was shocked. Mandy was smiling as she nodded. "I wish I could've heard the details. I hope it wasn't anything sexual" they both laughed with Selena blushing through her laughter. "Wow.. that's me.. I sounded so happy..." Selena ran her fingers through her hair. "I don't know what to say.. I mean.. Can I tell you something... like be 100% honest with you" Selena watched her mother nod. "Of course you can. You already know you can." Selena took a deep breath before speaking. "I don't think it's going to workout between me and Abel..." she mumbled before continuing. "Something is telling me this is a mistake. Obviously it is... after hearing that message... I can't believe what I just heard. I need to talk to him. I need to talk to Romeo... I don't remember anything about us being together but I'm missing him like crazy... it makes sense now. Could this feeling mean that I am starting to remember? Like I want him by my side.. I need him more now than ever" She looked over at her mother before a tear fell from her eyes. "What if I fucked it up though? After all he won't talk to me..."

"Aw sweetie. Don't cry you need to understand it's hard for him. He's trying to show you that he's your boyfriend but it's also hard for you because you don't remember. He's in love with you. He has always been in love with you. You have always had a crush on him. It goes way back" Mandy chuckled. "No one is forcing you to be with him. I know you have always been scared to take a risk because you didn't want to lose your friendship with him if it doesn't work. But you already took that risk. You heard yourself gushing about him in that voice message. You need to take that risk again. Maybe you do need to have a full out make out session with him or something" she chuckled. "Who knows maybe it'll help you remember. Maybe it'll help you gain some sort of memory or all."

Selena's POV

Hearing that voice message

Hearing that voice message... hearing how highly I spoke of Romeo... God I was happy. Am I happy? Or do I need to just relive new moments with him to feel that type of happiness again? Mom believes I should risk it. I'm starting to think that I should as well...

After they left Selena sat in her house on the couch drinking wine. She was listening to her album Rare while thinking about Romeo. She was enjoying the album as if she was a fan. She couldn't believe it, she made such a masterpiece. She finally heard the whole thing of vulnerable and all she could think about was Romeo. She pulled out her phone and was about to call him but her doorbell rung. She placed her glass down and stood up, walking to the door. When she opened the door her eyes lit up when she saw Romeo standing on the doorstep. "Rome.." she was surprised to see him. "what are you doing here?" Selena was beyond happy to see him but she was trying to act a little disappointed in him for leaving her. "I came to apologize for leaving you and for avoiding you. I miss you" he told her. Selena couldn't hold in her smile as she told him "I miss you too. And... a little company would be so nice right now" she continued to smile as she opened the door wider for him to walk inside.

*To Be Continued*