27

I shot up from my sleep after having an disturbing dream about someone watching me I looked up and my heart nearly leaped out of my chest once I notice Lauren standing over me, staring at me. "Oh my god you scared me" I looked at the time to see it was 3 in the morning "what are you doing up?" She didn't say anything at first just stared at my I looked down at her hands to see her hands were balled into fist. "Baby are you okay?"

What if she found the second part of that letter?

I grabbed her hands slowly "Lauren" she pulls her hand away before walking away from me and out the room. I followed her and watched her walk out house. I looked out the window as Lauren walked down the side walk, "where the fuck is going?"

____

I woke up again feeling the bed dip down i didn't move but only snuggled into Lauren more once she wrapped her arms around my waist. She kisses my shoulder. "Where'd you go?"

"For a walk" she mumbles in my ear. "It was a long walk" I say quietly but she heard "I needed to clear me head" she sighs "about what?" I questioned she was quiet for a couple of seconds "it's nothing let me sleep please" I didn't say anything after that.

I fell back to sleep and was sleep for about an 4 more hours until I heard knocking from downstairs. I got out of bed and walked down the stairs and to the door to see "Normani? What are you doing here?" She steps in "we need to talk"

"About?"

"Zayn and Lauren" I bite my lip shutting the door "do you know?" She looks over at me "know what?" I leaned against the wall "about Zayn?"

"Yeah" the room was silent "he-he hasn't hurt you has he?" She shook her head "no" I sighed in relief "then wbu are you with him?"

"To look for you that's why"

"Ever thought that maybe I didn't want to be found?" She scoffs "ever thought that maybe I didn't want to be left with a fucking serial killer?" She questioned back "I didn't leave you with him, you chose to stay with him" she rolls her eyes "whatever" she crosses her arms over her chest.

"What did you need to talk about?"

"Nothing I jusr wanted an excuse to come over" she looks around "what? Did you miss me?"

"A little" I smirked "don't flatter yourself" before I could say anything the house phone rings. I grabbed it and answered "hello?"

"Hi miss Clemons just calling to remind you have to pick up your dog today at 3:00pm" I looked at the clock to see it was 11:30pm. "Oh okay, I'm sending a friend to pick it up because I am out of town right now is that okay?"

"Of course they just need to have the check out papers"

"Okay thank you she'll be there" I ended the call and looked back at normani "who was that?" I shrugged "I guess the groomers"

"What if it's the vet?"

"Shit" she laughs "she has a schedule on the fridge" I walked into the kitchen and looked on the refrigerator to see that it was actually the groomers. "Told ya"

"Baby I think we should go out to the city tonight- oh? Hey Normani?" Lauren looks over at me questionably I shrugged "coffee?" She shook her head "No, but like I was saying... we should have date night"

"Date night?"

"Yeah, we haven't been on in a long time" she raises her eyebrows hopefully. I nodded "sure why not" she smiles "great" Lauren walks over to me and pecks my lips before nodding at Normani and walking out. "You guys are cute"

"We try" I joked the room fell silent after that. "Sooo...you and Zayn?"

"We are nothing, no need to worry" I nodded "I wasn't worrying I just want you to be safe"

"I am, he won't hurt me....you know he's been worried about you yeah?" I raised an eyebrow "worried about me? Why?"

"He doesn't trust Lauren" I rolled my eyes "Lauren wouldn't hurt me"

"He said that Lauren will only bring you in harms way" I hummed "she has everything in control, she wouldn't let anyone hurt me. I mean she did break out of prison just to keep me safe" I smiled to myself "okay, but just know Zayn is keeping a good eye on you so don't get weirded out" she walks out the house leaving me in the room by myself.

I walked upstairs and into our room to see Lauren laying on the bed on her phone. I crawled into the bed with her "hi" she smiles at me "hi baby"

"Where are you taking me tonight?" She hums "it's going to be a surprise" she smirks "you know I hate surprises"

"You're going to love this one I promise you baby" I huffed "you suck" she playfully roll her eyes and then her smile drops and her face turn into a serious expression. "I found out some information about that Vanessa girl"

"What did you find?" She grab her laptop opening it. I laid down next to her as she played a video. "Found a video of Vanessa last minutes before she went missing...she wasn't last seen at a protest, this was in front of some building I think an old restaurant. Look" I watched the video of a girl pacing around on the sidewalk and what looks to be a cellphone to her ear.

And then suddenly a car pulled up next to her. I watched carefully as the girl walked to the car leaning against the door looking inside the window. It appears that she was talking to someone. She looked angry at the person she was talking to. Vanessa started to yell and after that she walked away. The guy got out of the car and followed behind her pulling her back, Vanessa slapped the man and took off running once he let her go which he took off after her.

They ran out of the camera view I glanced at Lauren who kept her eyes on the screen. I looked back to see that guy was holding her as she struggled to get away. He opened his trunk and threw her in before slamming it shut quickly and driving off.

"Lauren if you didn't kidnap her then who did?"

"I don't know"

"We have to show them the video, because their convinced you did it"

"I'm afraid they won't believe you".....