04

One week later

"You see this y/n I told you I could get me a job!" I chuckled at the girl who twirls around in her scrubs. "I never thought I'd look good in scrubs my ass looks nice in these pants, who knows maybe I could get me a surgeon like on grey's anatomy" I bite into me sausage egg biscuit "you okay? Are you going to work today?"

"Tomorrow"

I say in monotone not really excited to go back knowing that Lauren could possibly hurt me this time and worse. Normani give me a small sympathetic smile "I have to go, I don't want to be late" I give her a thumbs up "good luck on the first day"

"Thank you"

She walks out the apartment leaving me by myself. My phone instantly started to ring I picked it up, "Hello?"

"Hey y/n it's mom" I rolled my eyes "mom you don't have to tell each time you call. I have your name saved in my contacts"

"Right, I keep forgetting but um do you think you can stop by today and drop off some milk the car broke down again" I stood up looking at the clock on the wall, it was 2:30 pm. "Of course mom is there anything else that you need?"

"You can bring some butter too, I'm making blueberry pie. I hope you stay I haven't seen you in so long" I hummed "blueberry pie does sound good" I walked down the hall. Lauren use to love my moms blueberry pie. Entering my room I looked around at the mess that I made, papers were everywhere. It was mainly research about serial killers and what they all had in common and about Lauren and what she had in common with them. "I'll be there in 30 mom"

"Ok honey be quick-oh wait I have a question" she hangs up "yeah?"

"Are you by chance seeing anyone right now?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion "no? Why?"

"I'm just asking" she chuckles nervously "you never tell me about your love life. I know after Lauren and all" I sighed "yeah, uh. I'm not seeing anyone at the moment"

"Okay bye sweetie" she ends the call. I quickly hopped into the shower and put on a fresh pair of clothes. I found myself in front of the mini mart that was 5 minutes away from my mom place.

I walked inside grabbing the handle of a basket and walked down the isle to where the milk and butter was at. Soon I was at my mom place and I noticed another car in front of her house next to hers. I swear if she's dating again I'm going to lose it I'm not ready for another step dad.

I ran inside my mom house and stopped in my tracks to see a man, a very attractive man at that sitting on the couch. He looked to be my age, "mom if you're going to date the least you can do is date someone your age!" I yelled my mom walks in "oh don't be silly. Y/n this is Zayn, Zayn this is my daughter I've been telling you about"

I turned to the guy once again as he stood up "what are you telling him exactly"

"It's nice to finally meet y/n" he lends a hand which I accepted almost instantly shaking his big ones. "I live across the street your mother is a very lovely lady"

"Oh my god. You guys are dating!"

"What? No!" He quickly says with a chuckle "I'm sorry about her she's not really that bright" I gasped at my mom as they both chuckle. "I thought that since you're single and he's single you guys could...you know" she winks at me. "Oh? Mom can I talk to you in the kitchen please?"

"Yeah of course" I quickly dragged her into the kitchen placing the bags on the counter "What did I tell you about messing with my love life" I whispered. "He's a good guy y/n I mean look at him" I glanced at him who only smiled at me. "I thought that since you've been dating that you would at least give him a try. He's a doctor as well he's in residency and he has his life all out together. He might be a smoker but he's extremely healthy I watch him exercise sometimes in the front yard" I cringed at her "you're creepy" she hits my shoulder.