29

"Alright lets make this quick" I say walking past Zayn and into his living room I sat down in the very spot as last time. "Where's Lauren?"

"Home, I told her I was going to the store" he nods "okay well let's get down to business. The night that Vanessa went missing she was caught on tape talking to someone in a car, do you know who was in that car?" I shook my head crossing my leg over the other leaning back "No"

"It was Lauren"

"Lauren wouldn't kidnap anyone in front of a camera besides, Zayn why would she lie about it? I swear if this is some trick to try and pry me away from Laur-"

"Lauren and Vanessa were in a very long and complicated on and off relationship and they had an argument that night...Vanessa was finally calling it quits and Lauren didn't like that" he hands me a medium sized picture I glanced at him and then at the picture to see a clear angle of Lauren's face. "Vanessa boyfriend at the time was getting a bit suspicious at the time and hired someone to follow her around and snap these" he hands me more.

My heart started to pound in my chest as I looked at the 5 pictures of Lauren with this very beautiful woman. In one picture they were sitting across from each other eating outside at some restaurant, in another they were holding hands walking down a sidewalk. There was one where they were hugging each other and one where they were kissing.

I felt a pain in my chest but I didn't let Zayn see my expression, I can't be mad we weren't even together but then it hit me- "did she leave me for her?"

"I" He trailed off "I don't know"

"Yes you do! you know everything...like you said earlier today you've been watching me, which means you've been watching us! You know! So just tell me!" I raised my voice "y/n..."

"Tell me!"

"Yes"

The room fell silent I felt my eyes burn but I didn't cry "of course...and now they expect me to find her as if I would know!" My voice cracked even more but I refused to cry. Lauren leaving me is a touchy subject for me, it gave me trust issues and I don't talk about it much but I'm scared every single day that I will wake up and she'll be gone.

"Lauren knows where she's at" he says "but we both know now that she isn't going to open her mouth any time soon so she's not going to be any help because she doesn't want Vanessa to be found" I crossed my arms over my chest "maybe that's for the best" he frowns at me "y/n if this girl isn't found you will die and so will Lauren-"

"They want me to kill her anyway...either way if we find the damn girl Lauren will end up dead, and if she's dead I might as well be!" I yelled making him sigh "well we aren't giving up that soon because if you follow everything I do no one will die" he says calmly. "What do you have planned?" I asked "you're going to be spending a lot of time with me, so you better get your lies straight"

_____

"But why would Lauren take her? What was the arguments about? And why haven't they open the case if they know Lauren did it?" I bombarded Zayn with questions "I don't know why she would take her, it's not like her to act out of anger. And these pictures were never seen by the police because I took them before Vanessa boyfriend could ever show them"

"Does that mean Lauren killed her boyfriend?" He shook his head "no he actually killed him self which was kind of my fault because he lost hope of ever finding who took her" he scratches the back of his head. "Do you think Lauren killed her?"

"I don't know...my eyes were on you and only on you"

"Why?"

"Because I was protecting you"

"You keep saying that but from who? Lauren would never hurt me" I say becoming annoyed once again "yeah she will"

I scoffed "I'm not arguing with you about this" Zayn says quickly "I'm tired of explaining it to you" he says staring at the laptop "you never explained it so how are you tired?" I asked he glares at me. I forced myself to look away and stand up "I need to go home I've been gone for too long" he grabs my arm "you can't leave yet"

"It's been 2 hours I left my phone at home to have an excuse why I didn't answer I have to go home" he sighs letting go of me "Alright go But we're meeting again at the same time tomorrow" I nodded walked out the house only to stop in my tracks to see Ally walking by. I chuckled nervously "Hi Ally"

"You haven't been here a week and you're already being slut" my eyes widen as she walks away "fucking bitch"

I ran down the street and got into my car and pulled in front of my place and then made my way into the house. I walked upstairs and into my room to see Lauren sitting on the edge of the bed "your trip to the store was very long"

"Yeah" that's all I said kicking off my shoes "what did you buy?" She asks as I took off my top and jean shorts "uh, they didn't have what I was looking for so I went to another one and they also didn't have what I was looking for"

"What were you looking for?"

Fuck.

It took me a few seconds to figure out what to say something but I couldn't think of anything "I-it was just these chips that I tried back in America"

"And it took you 2 hours to notice that two stores didn't have them?" I threw on my night clothes "I also went for a drive down town...the lights were beautiful"

"Y/n are you lying to me" I chewed on my bottom lip turning to her "No" I say quietly, she stood up her green eyes staring into my y/e/c ones. "Okay" she grabs a pillow and walked out the room. "Where are you going?"

"To sleep in the guest room before I say something that'll hurt your feelings" I heard her tone and decided not to say anything after that......