06

"You know for once I would like to just walk outside and feel safe. That's all I want! They got Lauren in jail but now we have to deal with this?!" I walked into the living room hearing Normani rant about God knows what. I looked at the television to see the news was talking about a murder.

"Last week London Jackson body has been found weeks after she went missing at a party. A married couple found her body in a lake after they found a trail of Polaroid pictures which led them to her body. It appears that the London was sexually assaulted and after strangled to death"

"Oh my god" I mutter

"Investigators says the Polaroid pictures were all pictures of London and the theory is they were taken minutes before her death-" I cut off the tv making Normani look over at me "who could have done that to that poor girl" I say more to myself.

"Is this some routine now do we have a new killer on the loose? Should I be worried?"

"Calm down Mani I'm sure this was just a one time thing" she scoffs "that's what you think until you see more and more people getting murdered" I frown sitting down on the arm of the chair "anyways, is Zayn still here?"

"Yeah he's in the shower" Normani smirks at me "does my best friend got a boyfriend" she wiggles her eyebrows "no, we're still dating"

"Right?"

"Really we're just dating and having sex that's all"

"Well do you want to be in a relationship with him?" I nodded "I think so, he's a good guy and we do have a lot in common. I just don't want to go way to fast, I mean we're already sleeping with each other"

"Let me give you some advice" she places her hands on my shoulders "You're 26 years old, you're getting old. It's time to settle down and start a family" I cringed at the word family. I hate kids I'm going to be honest. It might sound harsh but I do. They annoy the living shit out of me and they cry too much, and are very needy and very very VERY expensive. I'm definitely not looking forward to having kids. And if Zayn and I do end up getting that far I hope he doesn't want kids either.

"Says the girl who brings a guy over here every week" I over exaggerated she barely brings guys but when she do she'll make sure I'll hear everything. "Shut up I'm working on it. Also I'm working with this guy named Austin and I kinda have a crush on him, he's been flirting with me and I kinda like it"

Before I could say anything I noticed Zayn walking into the room my eyes widen and so did Normani. He stood there in the entrance of the hallway with only a towel on, with water dripping down his body. My breath gets hitched in my throat. "You're out of shampoo" he says tossing the empty bottle to me which I successfully caught. He smirks at me "good morning Normani"

"Morning Zayn"

Zayn walks into the kitchen and Normani gave me a look "he's already getting comfortable here, I mean I don't mind seeing that every morning and I know you don't either so you better not fuck this up, or we're fighting" I rolled my eyes at the girl "I'm going to work goodbye!"

I grabbed my things "Wait y/n I need to talk to you right quick" Zayn says "what's up?"

I followed him into my room and then he shows me a picture. It felt like my heart stopped I thought I hid it well "you were friends with Lauren?"

I snatched the picture away from him "where did you find this"

"It was on the dresser, when were you going to tell me-"

"She's my ex girlfriend we dated back when I was 18 it was nothing. Look I understand if you want to stop everything after this" He furrows his eyebrows at me "woah who says I want to do that?"

"I don't know I thought that seeing that I dated a famous serial killer it would freak you out" he chuckles "No, it doesn't freak me out. It actually makes me want to get to know you more" he moves my hair from my face "really"

"Mhmm"  I broke into a smile "well then that's good" he leans down and presses his lips to mine. The kiss was slow and passionate. "I have to go"

"Be careful"

"I will"

____

"Is there anyone that inspired you to do your crimes?" I asked Lauren "no I just did them" I wrote it down "tell me something" I raised an eyebrow "tell you what? I swear Lauren if you want to talk about my love life then let me remind you that it's off limits" she shakes her head "tell me about what's going on on the outside" I sighed.

"Um, nothing really the same old shit"

"So nothing exciting?"

"Queen Elizabeth died"

"I said exciting" I chuckled "um well my best friend Normani is worried there's someone out there killing people" She raises an eyebrow "someone like who?"

"I don't know some man or woman killed this girl sometime last week and left her in lake with a bunch of Polaroids leading to her" I shrugged. "Now that's exciting" I rolled my eyes at her "you're sick"

"I know"

"What goes through your mind when you're about to kill?"

"Nothing goes through my mind, it's like an drug and if I don't kill I'll go crazy" I nodded "the high that I get after a kill is so amazing it feels so good. Suddenly all of my problems are gone" she speaks honestly sound crazy but I respect that she was being honest with me.

"How are you feeling in here? You know since you can't kill"

"I feel...I hate it here so fucking much. They treat me like shit and everyday I just want to-slit somebody's  throat. I demand respect and I'm not getting respected in here!"

"well what did you expect? Them to drop down on to their knees and kiss your feet?" She glares at me "don't get smart with me y/n" I sighed "I'm just saying, you can't just go around killing women and expecting to gain respect when you never respected anyone ever. I can't feel sorry for you, I really can't"

"I'm not asking for you to feel sorry for me. Do you really think I care about how everyone views me? Do you think I care about what you think of me? Because let me tell you something, I don't, I don't care if you don't feel sorry for me. I really don't." Her eyes were dark and I can tell that she was angry. She was angry at me. I cleared my throat "I'm sorry"

"You're never really sorry so stop fucking apologizing!" She yells at me which made me upset I never liked getting yelled at, it made me feel weak and small and I'm not taking none of that. "Stop yelling at me Lauren! You're mad because I told you the truth! You're mad because you actually do care and you know what? That is okay" I manage to say trying to do my job as a psychologist. She scoffs "you think you know everything. YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!"

"It is okay to feel upset and it is okay to recognize that somethings can hurt your feelings! It is okay to care. I'm 26 years old and still to this day I try to make everyone like me because I care about what they think of me, and it's okay for you-"

"I don't give a fuck about what people think of me!" She cuts me off "and I don't care that you're this weak little girl who cares about what people think of you! I'm not you" I ran my fingers through my hair sighing "Then why are you angry?"

"Because I am"

"Okay" I say ending the conversation....