Chapter 11

MINHO

I can't believe that shuckface did that to Cameron yesterday! If Alby wouldn't have pulled me away from him, I would've killed him. I know Cam wants me to go run today, but I have to stay with her for just one more day, to make sure she's safe.

Izzy took Ben into the Maze today. I honestly think that Izzy should be the Keeper of the Runners, not me. She's better at it. She can run two sections and get out before I'm done with one. I feel bad though because we didn't run all the sections in the Maze today. All the runners but Izzy can only run one in a day. I would let her do her sections, but Ben is much slower than Izzy. What I'm trying to say is Izzy has to go at a slow pace for Ben.

I sat with Cam in the Homestead while that Sean guy was slowly dying in the Changing. That's the thing about going through the Changing. If you are a fighter, if you want to live, then you live. If you are weak like Sean was, you die. Cam was still feeding him when Izzy ran out of the Maze carrying Ben. Cam put the soup she was feeding Sean down, and followed me out of the Homestead.

Izzy was running towards us with Ben in her arms.

"What happened?" Cam asked before I could.

"We were about a quarter of the way to the end of the section, and we saw a griever. We turned and were running back. Ben tripped and fell. Before I could help him up, the griever stepped on his leg and it broke. I fought off the griever before either of us got stung, and I picked him up then ran out," Izzy explained.

"Oh my gosh," I said.

"Yeah, Now can we get to the freaking Homestead? He's getting heavy!" Izzy whined. Then we ran back to the Homestead.

IZZY

That was scary. Ben better thank for this when he gets better. For all I care, I could've left him there and let the griever kill him to save my butt. I'm not like that though. I fought and saved both of our butts. I'm scared to tell Newt. He's going to be mad I didn't just leave him there to die, so I could save myself.

I walked up to Newt and hugged him from behind. I released him and he turned around.

He smiled, "Hey! You're back early!"

"Yeah, Ben got hurt in the Maze," I said.

"What happened?" he asked with concern.

"A griever broke his leg, but I saved both us,"

"You mean, you risked your life for him?" I could tell he was angry.

"Yeah, but I saved us though!"

"You could've died for that shank!"

"Newt-"

"No! I would die without you, Izzy!" He walked off and I stood there. Just stood there.