Chapter 15

NEWT

I couldn't believe it when I found out that Izzy and I had a connection. I never would've seen that coming. My side was stitched up and I could go work again. Today was the day the greenie was supposed to come. I didn't want to miss it. I loved seeing the new greenies.

Izzy got back for lunch and the group ate together. Chuck was excited to see a new greenie. He wanted to be promoted. We heard the greenie alarm, and ran over to the box. We opened the box doors to see a boy. He was freaking out. Gally jumped down and said, "Day one, greenie. Rise and shine,"

IZZY

I looked down in the box to see a boy. He had brown hair, brown eyes, and a slight build. He was freaking out. Gally was helping him out of the box, and he threw him on the ground. Everyone was making fun of him.

I felt protective of him. Why? I yelled, "Shut up! No picking on the greenie!"

The boy got up and started running. Zart yelled, "We've got a runner!" Everyone was laughing enough until he face planted. I winced. That looked like it hurt. Everyone was laughing their shucking lungs out now. I was angry. Why was I so protective over this boy? Everyone ran over there and surrounded him. Alby threw him in the pit. That's no way to treat a greenie.

Newt came over to me and said, "I thought he had the chops to be a runner at first,"

I replied, "Why does everyone make fun of the new greenies?"

"Because. That's just what we do, Izzy," he shrugged.

"He looks like a runner to me." I said.

"Sure, and I look like Superman." Newt rolled his eyes. Newt went to go see the new greenie. That boy felt familiar. I don't know how. He just did.

Cam came over to me, "Why are you so protective of the new greenie?"

"He feels familiar to me," I replied.

"Do you think that you were lovers?"

"No! He doesn't feel familiar in that way!" I frowned. She chuckled.

Alby brought the boy over to us, "Greenbean, meet Izzy and Cam. Our only girls," We waved at him as Alby continued, "Cam is a Med-jack, and Izzy is a Runner,"

Thomas looked at me weird. I realized that I felt familiar to him too. He asked, "Alby, can I talk with Izzy alone for a minute, please?"

Alby shrugged. Thomas pulled me aside, "You feel familiar to me,"

"Same, here. I don't know why though," I told him.

He shrugged and asked, "What's it like being a Runner?" He wanted to be one. I could tell.

"It's alright. I mean you do the same thing everyday. Try to find a way out. I have seen the cliff, but I don't think that's the way out. All you would do is fall in-" I was cut off by Ben screaming. He got sting today by a griever. I hope I never get stung. It sounds like it hurts.

He was about to talk when Alby told him that they needed to continue the tour.

"Bye." He said. I waved. Gosh! Why does he feel so freaking familiar?

Cam walked over and asked, "What did you guys talk about?"

"He said that I felt familiar to him, and he asked what it was like to be a runner," I answered.

I saw Chuck walking with Thomas. Chuckie got promoted! I smiled to myself. I'm going to figure out how I know him. I have to.