Chapter 32

MINHO

Cam came running over to me with a worried look on her face. Everyone seemed worried or upset. What happened?

"What's wrong?" I asked her feeling worried myself.

"Izzy got stung," She whispered.

"What?" I was upset now. One of my best friends got stung by a griever. I just hoped that the serum worked on her. The serum either works or it doesn't. It depends on their body.

"She was in the maze, and she got stung,"

"This sucks!"

"I know." She mumbled.

"She'll survive... She's a fighter," I told her.

THOMAS

I was so upset. Almost everybody hates me for breaking the number one rule. I have to be punished, they all keep questioning me about the girl, and worst of all, Izzy got stung. Everyone thinks that it's my fault for everything. Izzy would stand up to them, but now she's in pain because of the sting. She's going through the changing.

I went to the Deadheads to get in my spot. I looked over to Izzy's spot, and of course she wasn't there. Sadness filled my chest. She was so familiar that it irritated me that I couldn't remember. It was so annoying to feel that you know someone, but you couldn't remember how. I just sat there in silence waiting for whatever came next.

After a little while, Newt came and sat by me in my spot. I asked him a couple questions about the changing and he said, "All we bloody know if the grievers sting you with their nasty needles, you inject the Grief Serum, or you die. If you do get the serum, then your body wigs out and shakes, and your skin bubbles and turns a freaky green color and you vomit all over yourself. Enough explanation for ya there, Tommy?"

I asked him a couple more questions until he said, "Anyway, next up- figure out what to do with Tommy here,"

I was confused, "Do with me? What're you talking about?"

"Turned this whole place upside down, you bloody shank. Half the gladers think your God, the other half wanna throw your butt down the box hole. Lotta stuff to talk about,"

Okay, that's a little extreme, but I guess if I was one of the others, I would be upset too. I asked, "Like what?"

"Patience," Newt said, "You'll find out after the wake-up,"

"Tomorrow? Why?"

"I've called a gathering. A you'll be there. You're the only thing on the buggin' agenda." Newt then got up and walked away. Great. I was going to get killed in the Gathering tomorrow. Like, everyone hated me here. Just great.