Chapter 28

IZZY

I woke up sweating and crying with Newt and a crowd of boys around me.

"Izzy, it's okay it was only a dream," he held my hand.

I was breathing hard when I realized I was having a panic attack. I started breathing harder and faster, and I lied down on the ground still crying. This was definitely a panic attack.

"Hey, Clint! Jeff! Go to the clinic!" Newt yelled and picked me up bridal style. He ran at full speed over to the Homestead, "Izzy, you're going to be okay,"

When we all got there, he put me down on a cot in the clinic. I was still breathing hard, and I was starting to get dizzy. I was sweating and crying really hard. I wanted to stop, but I couldn't. I couldn't stop worrying about the boy in my dream.

Clint yelled, "Get a syringe!" Jeff threw him an empty syringe, and Clint filled it with a liquid from a bottle, "Newt hold her arm down." Newt did as he was told and held my arm down. Clint inserted the syringe into my arm. It didn't hurt, but I still screamed.

Newt whispered, "Izzy, you'll be fine, so don't freak out." He continued, but the buzz in my head was too loud to hear him. My vision blurred and everything went black.

CAM

I watched Newt carry Izzy away in his arms, and I was even more saddened. I was a total jerk to her earlier, and now she was having a panic attack. I really love her, and she's my best friend. Nothing could change that. I would go to apologize, but she was going to have something injected into her to make her sleep.

This was literally the longest night ever. I yelled at my best friend, my boyfriend was stuck in the maze for the night, and my best friend ended up having a panic attack. This sucked.

NEWT

I watched as they put the syringe in Izzy. I winced when she screamed. This was horrible. She was breathing really hard and fast. There were tears in her face mixed with sweat.

What caused it? She told me that she'd had dreams about her past before. Maybe she had another one. A bad one. Maybe it was because of Tommy, Minho, and Alby being gone. I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that it was because of a dream. She drifted off to sleep again, and I gripped her hand. She was beautiful when she slept. I hope she decides not to run tomorrow. I sure hope.