Chapter 20

NEWT

We were banishing Nick today. I was pissed. Why does everyone want to hurt the girls? It's not they're more vulnerable than us. They're actually stronger than a lot of us here. I couldn't let Izzy run the maze today. Not after what happened. She begged me, but I wasn't going to let her. It hurt bad to see her in that state last night. I didn't want to see her cry. She was still in shock this morning. 

I walked into the woods to see her sitting there with her notebook and pencil in hand. Her hands were shaking. That must've really affected her. She's been threatened before, but this was different. She actually almost died. It would've killed me along with her to see her dead. I wouldn't be able to hold her in my arms anymore. I wouldn't be able to kiss her anymore. I would be dead inside.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, but I knew she wasn't. She shook her head and started crying, and I held her in my arms, "Hey, everything's going to be okay. We're banishing Nick today,"

"Why do people have to keep getting banished?" She said the sound muffled by my chest.

"I don't know. It's their choice to do what they do, and we can't keep them here," I explained rubbing her back.

"But, why Cam and I? Why us?" She pulled back and her eyes looked into mine. Her eyes were red and puffy. It hurt my heart to see her like this.

"I don't know," I looked over and grabbed her notebook, "Here, write something. That might make you feel better,"

She smiled and wiped the tears from her eyes, "Thanks, Newt. You always know how to make me feel better,"

"I know you better than you know yourself," I smiled.

"Really?" She asked her eyebrows raised.

"Yep,"

"What's my favorite color?"

"Turquoise,"

"What is my favorite thing to do?"

"Write," I said motioning to the notebook.

"Ugh! Stop getting things right!" She playfully pushed me, and I smiled.

"Stop goofing around and write your story!" I begged. Her story was good. It was kind of sappy, but it was good. 

"Fine, fine. Jeez! Relax!" We both laughed and she started writing her story. I tried to peek, but she wouldn't let me. She would always pull it away, or she would push my face away. It makes me almost die having to wait for her having to get a chapter done.

"Hurry up! I'm going to be eighty before you're done!" I whined, and she rolled her eyes. I got her to cheer up. That brought me happiness. She finally got done, but it was time to banish Nick.

"I have to go help banish Nick now... I'll read it when I get back," I apologized.

"It's okay. I'll be here." She smiled. Her smile was the best thing ever. I love her so much. I kissed her forehead and ran to Alby who was handing out the poles.

IZZY

Newt was amazing. I love him. He makes me smile when I'm sad, he makes me feel better when I'm sick, and best of all, he loves me when no one else does. Cam came over and sat next to me, followed by Tommy, who sat on the other side of me.

"Hey, Izzy!" Cam smiled. She handed me a sugar cookie, "I made cookies, and saved one for you,"

"Thanks, Cam!" I hugged her, and took a bite out of my cookie. It was good. Sugar cookies were my favorite.

"Hey, Izzy. You asked if you could call me Tommy, right?" Tommy asked.

"Yeah," I replied my mouth still full of cookie.

"Can I call you Iz?"

"Sure! That is totally cool,"

"Thanks, Iz," He smiled.

"Um, Newt is going to be pissed at you Thomas," Cam said.

"Why?"

"Because you let someone other than him call you Tommy, and because you two are totally flirting," She explained.

"EW!" We said in unison. I don't like Tommy! He's like a brother to me! That would be like flirting with your brother. Gross. Just Gross.

"Whatever you guys say," Cam rolled her eyes.

THOMAS

"EW!" We both said in unison. I don't like Izzy! I feel a connection to her, but not that kind of connection. I only felt that type of connection with that girl who came up in the box unconscious. I seriously need to know how I know these two though. It sucks feeling like you know someone, but not being able to put your finger on it. It is a big pile of klunk. I need to know. I'll ask the girl when she wakes up, because I knew Izzy wanted to know too.

IZZY

We were all still sitting there when Newt and Minho came over smiling at us. Newt was about to say something, but the dinner bell clanged. We all stood up and walked over to the Homestead for dinner. Newt slipped his hand in mine, and we both smiled. 

We all agreed to never speak of Nick again. Ever. We all hated him, and if anyone spoke of him it made feel the fear and helplessness I felt when he was drowning me. I hate that feeling. I like to feel powerful, and at that moment, I felt weak. I know Cam had felt that way before too. We both know it is like a shucking pile of klunk. We all sat and talked while  we ate our chicken, peas, and carrots. I loved carrots, but hate peas. I hate peas so bad. They were all green, gross, and squishy.

After dinner, we started the bonfire and all sat together around it. Minho sat by me and explained to me that he thought he saw a dead griever in the maze. I was thinking wow. I bet we could get some leads on a way out, by checking it out.

"Are you guys going to like... examine it?" I asked.

"Yeah, Alby and I are going tomorrow to look at it," Minho replied drinking some of Gally's secret beverage. 

"Can I come?" 

"No, you need to run your two sections. We need to get all of the sections ran,"

"Ugh, shank," I mumbled.

"I heard that!" Minho yelled. He ran after me, but I was too fast, "Fine, whatever. You win," He panted.

"Ha!" I rubbed it in his face while he was sweating and panting, and I didn't break a sweat, "You, almighty Keeper of the Runners, got beat by me!"

"Well, that's not exactly easy competition,"

"I know," I stuck my tongue out at him and went to the Deadheads to sleep. Today was shucky and great at the same time somehow. I looked over to see Tommy already sleeping. It was killing me. How the shuck did I know him? I still don't know. It sucks so bad. I need to know, and I need to know soon.

A/N: OHMIGOSH! THIS BOOK HAS 1K READS! I LOVE YOU GUYS! AHHHH! I'M SOOOO HAPPY! 

1K Reads

54 favorites

15 comments

Keep favoriting, commenting, and just reading this book! Thanks, Loves. 

If you aren't already, read my my other book THE YOUNGER STILINSKI It's about Teen Wolf and you shall love it!