Chapter 24

NEWT

My chest hurt at what Izzy had said. She ran off crying, and I wanted to run to her and apologize. I couldn't though, I had too much to do right now.

After I talked to everyone about what we should do, I walked to my cot to write in my journal. Izzy wasn't the only one who liked to write in a journal. I reached under my pillow to get it and it was gone. Where the in the bloody world could it have gone? Then I realized that the only person who came to the sleeping part of the Homestead was Chuck.

IZZY

Chuck and I read Newt's journal till we reached yesterday's date. I closed the journal and sighed. Newt wrote about me a lot... and I mean a lot. It was creepy and cute at the same time.

"Wow. He really loves and cares about you," Chuck broke the silence.

"Yeah," I smiled, "He does,"

Chuck took the journal from my hands, "I need to put this back before Newt needs it."

"Okay." I said letting go of the notebook as Chuck ran off.

NEWT

Chuck was trying to sneak into the Homestead, and I followed. He walked in and I leaned against the post.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

Chuck turned around and his eyes widened. He was holding my journal, "I- um... I..." He dropped the journal and ran away screaming.

I rolled my eyes and picked up my journal. I opened it and went to a fresh page. I looked at the page after yesterday's and my face went pale. Izzy's handwriting was on there. It read, "Thanks, Newt... I love you too."

I sighed. Now she knew about my journal. Great. But I knew she loved me too. I've always known that. I felt Ana ache in my chest and I knew it was Izzy's pain. It was sadness... or maybe even worse... heartbreak.

Hey y'all! Hope you liked the chapter.

1.95K reads

69 votes

18 comments