NEWS

Laughter rang through the air and Chan and Yeji spent their usual quality time laughing and talking with each other. It had already been two weeks since his confession and he had decided he had cried enough. Just like Felix, he believed if their meant to be, then they'll certainly date someday. If not, then he's gotta find someone else.

Chan has been spending more time with Yeji. She was like the only other thing that has been keeping him happy. And now that Felix was out of his hands, Yeji was the only one he could lean to. She had been comforting him and giving him hope to her fullest. Everything she did seemed so genuine but he still couldn't get over the feeling that a tiny part of her might be faking. Everytime he felt that he just shrugged it off. How could it be possible? Yeji has been helping him so much.

She respected his privacy. Accepted his feelings for others. Never tried to break his relationship with anyone. Always tried her best to get him and Felix close. Gave him the best advices. She possibly couldn't be faking anything.

But he just didn't know. That she was in fact very genuine and honest. But also fake. That it was a plan. Sometimes being completely genuine and truthful could help you get what you want.

YEJI: why did Sally fall off the swing?

CHAN: um...why?

YEJI: because she didn't have arms!

Yeji started laughing out loud like it was the funniest joke ever. Meanwhile Chan just stared at her with a confused face, trying to figure out what was so funny.

CHAN: what...? What's so funny?

YEJI: you know why it's funny?

CHAN: why?

YEJI: cuz it's not funny!

Yeji started laughing again. Chan stared at her again. Until he finally couldn't help but laugh, not at the joke but at Yeji's silly behaviour. She was a literal ball of sunshine to him. After Felix...

Their conversation was interrupted by the doorbell. Chan went to get it and was met by an unfamiliar couple.

CHAN: um..yes?

WOMAN: hello dear. We are Yeji's parents. Is she here?

CHAN: oh. Mr. and Mrs. Hwang. Its nice to meet you. Please come in. I'll bring Yeji.

Chan ran upstairs to Yeji's room, informing her that her parents were here. As soon as she heard that, her face lit up. She ran downstairs and watched her go in full speed.

He fell back on the bed and watched the ceiling while he waited for Yeji to come back. He smiled as he imagined Yeji hugging her parents. Apparently she doesn't get to see her parents very often.

Downstairs with yeji

YEJI: what?! Are you CRAZY?!!

MRS. HWANG: Yeji this is for the best-

YEJI: what do you mean 'best'? Marriage?! At this age?!

MR. HWANG: Yeji-

YEJI: and arranged marriage?! Who even does those anymore???

MRS. HWANG: yeji we need to do this for the company. And I'm pretty sure you'll love the boy too. He's handsome and talented. And you know him too!

YEJI: I already love someone. So no.

MRS. HWANG: Oh really? And who's the honoured man?

Yeji looked at her parents in disappointment and fear. She didn't expect them to ask her who it is. She was debating whether she should tell them or not. She didn't them to hate him. He was her cousin afterall.

YEJI: I-he's-

MR. HWANG: *frown* tell us Yeji.

YEJI: chan...

.
.
.

Chan hears a door bang open as he opened his eyes and watches Yeji fall on the bed beside him. Burying her face on her pillow she started screaming out of frustration.

CHAN: what's wrong?

YEJI: You have no idea what my parents just did.

CHAN: what'd they say?

Yeji turned to face Chan and hugged him with a pout on her face. Chan cooed at her and put his hands behind his head.

YEJI: they planned an arrange marriage for me. A goddamn arranged marriage!! And I'm still 17!!! Why is this world so cruel..

CHAN: oh. Why though? All of a sudden?

YEJI: business purposes. Ugh. Sucks to be rich.

CHAN: didn't you try to convince them?

YEJI: ofcourse I did. Why else did it take so long for me to return? And guess what? I know that boy and he even studies in the same school.

CHAN: really? Who is it?

YEJI: Hyunjin.

CHAN: oh..

Chan looked back up at the ceiling, wondering if there was a way he could somehow help Yeji. Though he thought Hyunjin wasn't so bad. He was nice, handsome, understanding and talented. Him and Yeji would make a great match. Maybe Yeji would feel better after she starts living with him. He did agree she was too young though. Something inside his was telling that something bad was about to happen.

And you never know what happens when.

.
.
.
.
.

Marriage of the Hwangs 🤘🤘

Enjoy ppl~

Byeee