I LOVE YOU

Felix took in a deep breath to calm himself as he tightly held Chan's hand. Chan sighed seeing the boy panicking. I mean, you couldn't blame Felix though can you? He was going to have an actual conversation with his "mom" after who knows how many years.

All Felix hoped was that this was nothing more than just a conversation they were gonna have. That's all he wished.

Chan noticed Felix's failed attempts of calming down. He cautiously pulled the boy into a tight hug. Felix melted against Chan's warmth like always, all the thoughts suddenly leaving his mind as his nerves relaxed.

CHAN: lix, whatever happens, we'll deal with it together. I promise I won't ever leave you.

Felix just nodded, words unable to leave his mouth. He pulled back as he looked at Chan and smiled.

He turned to face the door. But before he opened it he turned to Chan again.

FELIX: I love you

.
.
.

Felix's breath stopped as he reached the bottom of the stairs.

His mom sat there with a worried and guilty expression while staring at her lap. His dad held his mom's hand tightly and caressed it to comfort here.

Felix was unsure about what she looked so nervous about. But that doesn't mean his fear disappeared.

Chan cleared his throat to grab the parents' attention. Felix bit his lip while slowly walking towards his mom, who stood up seeing her son. They didn't talk or make eye contact for a good few seconds.

Eleanor took her time staring at her son as more guilt filled inside, tears now unstoppable. What had she done?

Felix finally looked up, fear drawn clearly in his eyes. He gulped and hesitated but spoke up anyway.

FELIX: mom I-

Before he could complete his sentence, he was attacked with a tight, suffocating yet calming hug from a sobbing mom.

Felix just stood there shocked of what is happening. Was it a dream? Was he really getting the hug he missed for so many years? What came over his mom so suddenly?

Hesitantly, he felt himself return the embrace.

And that's when he finally found himself relaxing.

.
.
.
.
.

Do you guys remember the time when the story used to be all fun and games?