Paradise Blooms (1994)

My goodness. I have been working on this prompt for a long time, and I've gotten to the point where I think it's acceptable for you all to view. Many of you have requested a one shot about Mileven on their honeymoon, but I struggled. So, this is my attempt at a honeymoon one shot featuring a special twist, (kind of a rewrite of another important event in their relationship — you'll see as you read). I hope you all enjoy this mess I've made! (:

***********

Crashing waves and soft breezing winds seamlessly mingled with the sounds of Mike and El's synchronized breaths. The few mellow noises had quickly become the soundtrack of their honeymoon. Currently, the couple was sprawled out on the hotel bed with their limbs desperately tangled together. Ever since they had gotten to their paradise, clothing and personal space both became very optional.

The hot sun and the feeling of being watched was the combination that had awoken El that morning from her slumber. She briefly acknowledged that her husband's fingers were tracing lines up and down her spine before she stretched her body out. Mike's lips soon became attached to the side of her neck as he murmured, "good morning, love."

With a sleepy smile, El rolled over and placed a hand to Mike's bare chest. She softly rubbed along his collarbones before she whispered, "why didn't you wake me earlier?"

Mike shrugged as admitted, "you looked too peaceful to disturb," he craned his head downward and nipped at the skin on her shoulder as he proposed, "want me to go make some breakfast?"

"I'm still feeling a little nauseous," El muttered quickly, trying her best not to allow Mike's worry to fester further. Ever since they had traveled, she had gone through spouts of feeling rather woozy. Her partner was already evidently concerned about how she was feeling, so she didn't want to focus on it for too long.

Before Mike could respond, a wide grin split across Eleven's face as she suggested, "how about we shower first?"

"You've been Mrs. Wheeler for less than a week and you're already corrupting me," Mike stated with a smirk.

Just as she went to protest his remark, El interrupted herself with a squeal as Mike picked her up from the bed and carried her into the shower. The rest of their intimate morning played out like a romance novel. Kisses and delicate touches exchanged back and forth as they shared whispers of sweet nothings.

When the afternoon sun reached its peak, El and Mike finally forced themselves to put on clothing as they went out for a stroll. Just moments into their walk though, they found themselves on a quiet part of the beach. Stripping down to their swimwear, the two of them went out for a dip alongside the large boulders that resided in the more shallow parts of the shore. They kept their hands clasped as they paddled about the clear water; almost like they couldn't bare to not feel the other's touch.

About twenty minutes later, Mike recognized the darkening clouds approach as the waves became more rough. The water felt like it was beginning to drag them further out, so he anxiously advised, "we better head back now. You need to eat some food anyways, so I'll make us lunch when we get back to the room, sound good?"

El hummed contently as she squeezed his hand, "you're amazing."

As they were swimming back to shore, Eleven silently acknowledged that she was beginning to struggle more. The water rushed around them too quickly and the crashing waves turned sinister. Mike noticed this too, which is why his hold on his wife became more firm. They were only a few feet away from reaching the dry sand when a looming wave slammed over top of their forms. The water's propel was so immense that they both found themselves knocked off of their feet.