Chapter four

"Get get up!", Mom yells at me. "Your going to be late for school". I jump up looking at the clock. 7:30. I was going to be so late. I throw on my ripped jeans, vans, and a white vintage tee. I leave my hair wavy from my curls yesterday. I run and jump off the porch nearly busting my ass. Raygon was on his front porch laughing at me. I rolled my eyes pointing at him like i was going to get him later. I got to school at 8:03. Three minutes late but still had to get a slip from the office. "Late again?", Jay walks behind me with a slip to. "Ha coming from the person who always gets detention from being just that", I grab my books out my locker. He leans against the lockers on the side of me. "Yeah well I don't care, you do". "I guess", I say closing my locker. "I'll walk you to class hot stuf", he says. "Thanks Jay, but I got it", I roll my eyes. "I'll walk you to class Ree", He tries again. I just laugh a little and Shaking my head, "okay Jay". "See ya for lunch", He says after walking me to class. I walk in class as every one stares at me and Mrs Kaye our english teacher rips my slip out my hand. I take my seat next to Rach rolling my eyes. "Late again", She whispers. "One more and that's detention". I smirked, "yeah i know". "So wer still going get our costumes after school?", She smiles. I had forgot I told her we'd go I was to busy thinking about Raygon Falls I couldn't even get up in time for school much less remember Rach. "You forgot huh", She frowned. "No Rach of course". She sighed "Okay good I rode with Bobby here so could we take your car". I looked at the clock wishing it would hurry up and I had just got there, Raygon almost kissing me yesterday had me on edge. "Ree", Rach says. "Oh yeah we can", I say taking my book out to start todays assignments.

Three more classes then lunch came around. We were having salad or sloppy joes I chose salad. "Chick food?", Jay says walking behind me to take our seats with Rach and Bobby. "Um have you looked at me lately, therefor I'am a chick", I set my tray down siting. "Have I", He says raisin his eye brows. I rolled my eyes,"oh I think I just blushed", I said sarcastically.

He laughed. "So your house for halloween?", Bobby asked. "Yeah and I think I know where we can get some kool aid if you know what I'm talking about", I say winking at Rach. So thursday was halloween and i was planning on getting drunk with my friends only one that was missing was Ray. Me and Rach went to pick out costumes. I told her I didn't really want to wear one. So we settled on both getting red contacts and caps for vampire teeth. And each picked out a poofy dress, I picked out a back one strapless short and poofy and her's was a deep green. "Im so excited", She says while we jamming in my car. "Can we invite a few more people". "Yeah but no body in the house", I say. "And mom is out out town this weekend so she doesn't have to know". She laughs as I pull up knocking her trash cans down dropping her off. "Yall need to move those", I laugh pulling off the drive. As I pull up at my house I see Ray walking to the back of his house prolly working on that bike again. I run to the back of his house and see him doing just that.

He sees me walking up giving me that sexy side grin, his black hair was alil messy and he was wearing a white tshirt with oil stains on it. I smirk,"what is it with you and this bike?". He just keeps working. I cross my arms looking around. "You know for halloween unfortunately I'm throwing a party". He looks up, "Unfortunately?". I look at him then the ground, "Yeah, see um Jay----". "Psh", He smirks,"Enough said". I look at him blankly, "whats that suppose to mean?". "I mean you always do what Jay wants to do, you let him boss you around". I rolled my eyes, " I dont always do what Jay wants to do". He looks at me stupidly,"Yes you do, its like---like your his bitch". My eyes grew big with frustration,"Excuse me?!". He gives me that tell me Im wrong look. "And to think I was coming over to invite you to my party". He looked back down at his bike. "Now you and I both know that wouldn't work out, you know what people say, you know what Jays going to say". I roll my eyes crossing my arms. "Who cares". "Reeane come on I bet you didn't even tell anyone I was your friend". I took a deep breath and turned away Before I herd him drop the tool down on the concrete and rub his nose looking at the ground then swallow looking up at me. "Where you going?". "Home ovously", I say. "Why?", He stands up. "Because why would I wanna stay when your being a jerk". "Whatever Ree, I dont have time for this", He says getting back to his bike. I just keep walking to the front of the house, ugh why was he being such an ass today, I didn't do shit to him. And Im not Jays bitch, I sorta was thinking a party anyways I just had told Jay maybe because I had to see if my mom was going to be out of town but he went and told everyone yes before I did. I am not Jay's bitch!!!