Chapter twenty three

"I tried talking to him yesterday after noon in detention", Maggi says in drama the next day while our teacher goes over our assignment of acting like a certain animal. She gave us each a animal to do research on and we had to get up on stage and play a certain scene, it could be from a Disney movie or anything she felt like throwing at us. I was a lion.

"Who?", I ask snaping out of my daydream, I'm not sure what it was about just a thing to go with the depression I was feeling.

"I talked to Jay, in detention", She said again. I sat up straight and put my hand to my face leaning forward.

"What did you say", I asked.

She drew a breath, "Hey jay", She says rolling her eyes. "And he just looked at me like I'm a freak". I look back at the stage watching our teacher do a impression of a cat. I smirk at her licking her hand.

"No your not a freak, you want to see a freak Mrs May", I point to our teacher.

Maggi snorts, "Soon we all going to be looking like freaks, with this crazy assignment".

"What animal are you?", I asked.

"Monkey", She says making a goofy face. "you?".

"A lion", I say sitting up in my seat. She smiles at me. "What?".

"That's perfect", She leans back smiling, "I have to go up there and jump around like a crazy person on crack and scratch my ass and you get the best one".

"How you figure I don't think its any better, I have to get up there and growl and roar", I roll my eyes.

"Yes but, A lion symbolizes strength, courage and dignity, you go to church right, I think you would favor the Christan meaning, You got the best one", She says smiling. Her smile was so bubblely but if you would look at her you would swear she's mad at the world, not that she wasn't beautiful, she was just diffrent, I look at her pink hair then the ground.

"I guess it is", I say putting my hair behind my ears, "And I don't think Jay thinks your a freak, he has a thing for girl that are diffrent, it's just normally your calling him names and cursing him out, maybe he was confused".

"I don't know, maybe he isnt into me", She say as we both turn to our teacher calling a few students to do a scene when cinderella isn't able to go to the ball, Cinderella was a bear. Me and Maggi laughed. Then somone was called up to do hamlet.

"He just needs a push", I told her, while Mrs May says we have to finish another day, then made everyone bow.

Rach waves at me in the hall, "Hey I missed you for lunch again".

"Oh yes I went to class early", I say. She gives me a face.

"You never go to class early".

"Well I have been lately".

"Did you eat?", She asked, and that day I had brought me a sandwhich. "Yes", I say getting annoyed. What was she my mom. "Well, I was wondering, and I know this is kinda messed up, but it fell like this, Bobby's mom is having a dinner right after school and she needs me to help, his dad is coming in from the army", She makes a sad face.

"So you want me to catch a ride?", I say following her to her car,

"If you don't mind unless you have no one", She says.

"Go, I'll get someone", I say. She gives me a sad face, "You sure?". I look at the ground. "Yes I got it", She hugs me "OK, I'll see you at home", I watch her pull out the school parking lot. I look around spot Jay putting his football stuff in his trunk, He mugs me and walks around his truck, that was out of the question, I look over to my right and there's Maggi already pulling out, I go to catch her then had to do a double take, on my left was Jordy coming out of the school with the younger guy from the ally, I finally see how familiar that guy is he transferred here 3 months ago. As the younger guy leaves walking to the front of school, Jordy spots me looking at him and flashes me a smile, he starts walk towards me and I meet him half way.