Chapter 29

The week past fast and each day I felt a little stronger. At first it was hard to eat because of the emotional pain I was feeling in my heart, but then I had a idea that I needed to run by someone , to help this ach.

Its friday finally time to go home, the doctor goes over a few things like home issues and 6 months for me to heal, to stay walking on my crutches until Im strong enough to walk on my own. They roll me out into the sunlight blinding me, but it also felt good to know I could see another day. Mom and Jay had to help me into the car, Racheal and Bobby carried my things, Bobby kept apologizing he couldn't come see me in the hospital.

"I got all your school work while you were out", Bobby says.

Racheal grabs his knee telling him it was alright.

"Thanks Bobby", I say smiling.

"After Jay and Rach told me what happen I just couldn't see you that way", He says looking down at his feet in the car.

"Its okay, really Bobby and Im fine", I say.

Soon we pull up to our house, I breath deeply spotting Raygon's bike in the front yard. Bobby pulls on my wheelchair and Jay carries me to it.

He wants me to just forget about him when he lives next door. They roll me up to the door where the two bags I brought to live with Raygon sits, my eyes start to sting.

"Mom did you talk to uncle like I asked?", I said.

"Yes, he said he'd get back with us".

Bobby and Rach grab my bags and set them in my old room.

"Thanks you guys".

"Ill keep getting your work and Rach will bring them".

That whole week Rach brought my school work and I still hadn't herd fro my uncle, he had all the information he needed mom said, and that he was doing his best to help me. It was thursday and mom had some work to do on showing a house.

"It'll only be for a hour", she says.

"Mom what would you say about ne going back to Raygon?".

She kneels by my chair, "babygirl that is your choice, you know your always welcome here but I know your place is with him".

"Only a hour and one house, if Im a little late they made me do two, I love you", she says kissing my four head.

5 mins after she left, I look out my window and see Raygon throw his bike down and kick it, then he picks it up and rolls it to the back. Then I see a black little car pull up with a man with papers that steps out, I roll myself up to the door as he rings that bell.

"You must be Reeane, your uncle sent me".

"Yes".

"We caught every last one of them, alot of them were died out or quit, Its safe to say the people wont have to worry about them anymore, here are the arrest made and charges, the proof you asked for", he hands me the papers.

'Thank you so much, please tell my uncle that".

I roll my self to my room and sit there thinking, I have to do this myself If Id call him he wouldn't dare come here. I pull my suit cases up onto my bed and pull slowly go to my dresser and closet pulling out all I needed to pack. I put the pictures of me and my family in there as well, as soon as I was done I put my crutches on my lap and stacked the case on to my lap and the duffle bag hanging on my handle. Very causally but not easily rolled my self out the door and to where the cart port ended. Great now I knew I couldn't make it through the grass so I had to walk the rest of the way. I put my suit case on the side of me in my chair and slid up out of it leaning on one of my crutches on my bad side, then I took the duffle bag putting in on my right shoulder carring the suit case in my right free hand holding the papers in my right while holding a crutch. With every step of the way it hurt me. i was still so very sore. Once I get to his steps I slowly inch my way up almost tumbling over. I knock on his door with my crutch dropping all my bags, right when I almost fell he caught me in his arms, just staring at me like i was a crazy person.

"What are you trying to do kill yourself?!", He puts my right arm around his neck walking me to his couch. "I'm going to walk you back home after I bring your bags".

"I am home".

He looks at me slowly putting the bags down.

"My home is with you Raygon"...

"We been through this, your only making it harder".

"I have something for you", I try to hand him the yellow envelope.

"No, Im not taking that, your making this hard on me Ree, please go back home, Im leaving soon so you can just forget me".

"Leaving!", I say standing up grabing my side in pain.

"Sit down, Im bringing you to your moms!".

"Not till you tell me where you going and take these damn papers!", I move my right foot in front of me.

"Im moving away to make this easier", he puts his hands out in front of him as if to to magically stop me.

"I want you to take a look at something before you do that".

"No damn it I'm not".

I slowly dragged my left foot up and moved some, i cringed in pain squinting my eyes.

"Reeane!", he yells at me for hurting myself. I move my right foot again.

"Take it!", I yell at him.

"Please just stop this madness".

"You know thats just what this is, madness!", I take another step of agony. "Now take it!", I yell.

He yanks it out my hand, "What is it?".

"Read it", I say.

"Ill read it if you sit back down", he says.

I look at my feet, he moves to me quickly and sits me down next to him and opens the envelope slowly. He glances at the papers then at me. "Is this?".

"Every boy, man, female or animal that worked for Jordy and his people arrested put away for good half of them dead".

"How did you? Is this real?", he stands up. I go to stand.

"Don't you"", he says.

"Do you know what this means, you are safe now, we can be together".

He shakes his head, and goes sit at the kitchen table. This time i stand up and make my way to him, he quickly stands up going to my side holding me up, "let me help you".

I try to talk.

"You need to sit, or go to your chair".

"Raygon"...

"Lets get you back....."

"Raygon!", I grab onto his face with both my hands pulling him in front of me as he holds my waist. "I am trying to talk to you".

He looks at me with glossy eyes, he was so beautiful and edgy takin me back to when I first met him.

"I did this for you and for us", I say pulling his face back to me as he tried to pull me to the couch knowing I was hurting but it was the least of my worries.

"How".

"My uncle is a big cheif in the L.A PD, I gave him the information on Jordy and your case a while back and he had all those guys arrest for life some death those who resist were killed".

"You never told me".

"He was my dads brother, we stop talking to him , he reminded mom of dad to much, but thats not the important thing, The important thing is They will never hurt us again".

I grabbed my side, I couldn't take it I had to sit. He scooped me into his arms and carried me to the couch.

"I... I don't know what to say", He rubbs the back of his neck.

I took is hand, "Say you wont leave".

He starts to look away. I pull him back. "Stay with me".

He puts his hand on the back of my neck and leans his head against mine.

"You are something else".

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing".

He smiles, "Both", He kisses me softly. God how I miss that kiss.