Chapter 2|Exodus

Kais pov

It was morning, as I woke up in bed. I groaned, knowing that I would be spending the day with my father on the preparation that I would become king even though I was the second youngest, but according to the constitution, only alphas are supposed to rule, and my older brother was a beta.

I got ready in a suit, knowing that if I was late, I would end up getting scolded by my father because 'an alpha should always be on time,' it gets kind of annoying but I got used to it. I arrive at the dining table and there was everyone, my brother, mother and father. My fathers were kings Baehyun and Chanyeol, some of the most prestigious royals out there. There were another couple, which were the kings of Taeming and they were Kimbum and Jonghyun, but I was told they were anything but prestigious. Apparently they had met in a pub and ended up accidentally mating each other and was just stuck, and yet they somehow ended up ruling the most wealthiest and most powerful country out of us all.

"Jongin, I want you to know that we'll be heading off to Taeming tomorrow morning at sunrise. Their son and omega Prince Taemin is of age marriage, and we need the alliance and also the money. It is said that he is the most beautiful person that ever lived and also the most dangerous. I want you to either kill him or forcefully mate him" king Chanyeol said. When you mate someone forcefully, they can't get out of it, but if you do it willingly they have a slight chance they can reject the bond. That was according to our ancestors. Knowing that I have no choice I just nodded my head, refusing to say it out loud, only alphas were allowed to talk at the table, and I didn't feel like talking to my father so it was a very quiet breakfast.

After hours upon hours of doing paperwork, I was finally dismissed and was told to rest by Father Baekhyun as we were going to Taeming tomorrow. I headed off to bed feeling sick at the thought that I was supposed to basically rape the prince into being my mate with no feelings or hesitation. I sometimes feel like these rules are stupid, but I still need to follow them. I went to bed almost dreading tomorrow even though it hasn't happened.

==========================================================================================================

The next day

I woke up by the maids bursting into my room, searching through my closet finding me something to wear that was 'alpha like' and hurriedly dressed me in it. We then headed out to the carriage where my family awaited, and quietly sat in it. Looking out the window, the sun was just barely peaking through the horizon. It was stunning.

We got to Taeming, just in time for morning tea. It was serving some tea and biscuits, that was asked by the Omega king Kibum, I could see my parents faces looking disgusted. In my country only the alphas were allowed to ask for food, so now my family was looking at it like it was a diseased. The king Jonghyun had asked for some cake, and for some reason the Kibum had a minty argument on it saying that they shouldn't have cake, which made my parents disgusted even more because omegas shouldn't speak or argue with alphas.

The first Prince of Taeming Jinki and the royal general Minho were also sitting at the table beside the king. The two were talking to each other and laughing at his parents bickering over some cake. They both seemed very happy, and the whole aura of the dining table was positive which was a change. The prince of Hopehun Hoseok was here and the prince of Agustug Yoongi was also here even though he was an omega, besides that the rest of the princes were quite dull.

"Jimin, where has Taemin gone off to?" Asked Kibum to a servant nearby.

"I'm not sure he's probably going to come down soon," it was the first time I've ever heard a servant speak before. I was amazed, the servant spoke so informally to the king as if they were friends. All of a sudden the door opened and my eyes were glued to the person coming through, he had beautiful raven hair that was longer than the usual, pale skin that shined, and lips that were thick and plump. His hair was messy, and it seemed that he was still in his pajamas.