Chapter 11 | little surprise

Taemin's POV

I've never felt this full when waking up, cuddled against my new mate. I looked at the amount of muscle he has and started to get annoyed. I've always wanted muscle but me body just doesn't allow it to grow so I had to deal with being skinny all my life. The more I thought about it the more I got frustrated, so to do away with some of the anger I decided to punch the closes thing to me. That so happened to be my, very muscular mate.

He jolted awake, turned to look at me and asked "what happened?" As if he wasn't the cause of my frustrations. I huff, only then does realization hit me as I rush to the bathroom, immediately looking at my stomach. Has it started growing? I started to cry, all my life I couldn't build muscle so I had to find comfort in being skinny, but now, once this baby starts to grow, the comfort that I once felt would soon diminish into flames.

I quickly put on baggy clothes, anxious that everyone else would already see the fat on my body multiply even though I myself didn't see any, rushing past the worried Kai and went straight to the person who I know would help me, the person who has been through it all already...................Key.

I found him overlooking some deliveries that seemed to be... baby clothes? He already knew, so I didn't bother explaining to him and ran into him with tears falling from my eyes. He hugs me and motions at Jonghyun to talk to Kai that has been apparently following after me ever since I ran out. He takes me to the garden hoping some fresh air will do.

"Taemin, my baby Taemin. Don't worry you won't get fat. It's not fat, it's a pup growing happily in you," Key attempts to reassure, but to his expectations it doesn't work, as Taemin starts shaking his head crying even more. His heart starts to flutter with sadness seeing his baby with tears running down his face.

He picks a white rose from the bush next to them that is blooming. He holds it up to Taemin and Taemin looks at him confused.

"Look at this flower, Taemin. This beautiful rose, and imagine it to be the little baby that is going to grow inside of you. It's pure as white and ever the so happy, but Taemin, the more you get sad, the more it gets sad. The more you get angry, the more it gets angry. The more you feel helpless is the more they feel helpless. Do you want your little white rose to feel helpless and wilt?" Taemin shakes his head, his hands immediately creasing his stomach softly.

"Taemin, I know it's going to be hard. Normally it's easy to hide and shut people out, but when it comes to the little roses inside it's very hard to hide your emotions, because they are connected to you. They are your little rose, you help it to grow, and see it bloom with happiness. But before you see them bloom with happiness you need to find your own happiness first, otherwise they have no chance of happiness in the first place, and soon they will wilt," Key gives the rose to Taemin, and watches how he delicately plays with it in his hand, the other hand on his stomach, finding a sense of calmness and relief from doing so.

"But father, I can't control my emotions," Taemin says quietly. All negative thoughts about his child went out of his mind as he looks at the white rose in his hand, however, thoughts about himself started contaminating his mind.

"Then don't. Say what you want to say and we will try to help you through your hormonal part of it, we will always be here with you to support you through any hardships you and your mate go through," Key reassured him, it worked, Taemin started smiling and jumped up.

"I got a baby, isn't that right little rose? I got a little rose of my own to take care of!" He started singing, like a child that got the best thing in his life, to the rose in his hand. Key started smiling at him, and his heart swelled with love for his pup and his growing grandchild, Taemin turns to him.

"Has my scent changed?" Now that he thinks of it there is hints of vanilla and milk added to Taemin's usual strawberry rose and pomegranate scent. It seems like this child will be an omega or a really sweet alpha. In this royal family there are no betas, it's just genes, so they try to include betas as much as they can to make them feel like they're not left out or feel like the odd one out. Nowadays, all betas seem to be fine with it and seem happy and content, it's relieving. The two kings have worked their entire existence into trying to make everyone feel happy and it seems like it's all complete.

"Yes, your child is a very sweet vanilla, Taemin," Taemin starts smiling and rubbing his stomach, vanilla? My little rose is going to be a sweet one as well! He smiles even more trying to imagine his child's smile. His stomach churns, signifying that it is hungry. Seems that I'll need to feed you a lot, isn't that right?!

They start heading to the dining room for breakfast. When the guards open the door everyone starts clapping and congratulating him on the wonderful news, he smiles thanking them and takes a spot next to his worried mate and hugs him. Kai hugs back, getting reassured that his mate was fully fine, but he couldn't help it when his hand slowly found it's way onto Taemin's stomach, happily resting. Taemin smiles in delight, and puts his hand over his mates. It seems like mating to someone really does strengthen the bond by 10 times.

The whole dining room was watching their movements, fawning over how adorable the couple was until suddenly, Yesung turns to Eunhyuk and says....

"Why don't we get mated?" It seems like he said it a bit louder than he hoped, because when everyone started cooing at them he started getting flustered. The old Taemin was back, he started laughing and cheering on the couple to "get it on," obviously enjoying the way Yesung gets embarrassed. To everyone's surprise the couple gets up and starts walking out. The moment the exit the door everyone starts gossiping about them quietly, then Taemin goes.

"Do you think out kids could get married?" In the loudest way possible.