Chapter Seventeen - Make It To Me

"Yooooooooo, biiiiiiiiiiiitch. Dei and I are picking you up, 'cos Pain wants to talk to you. You all good with that?" I groan as Hidan speaks to me on my phone during lunchtime.

"Ugh, what time will I be home? I haven't told my mum I'm going out," I complain, sitting beside Gaara as we lounge around the field. Sai and Hinata sit with us, but they're immersed in their own conversation, and Gaara looks thoroughly annoyed at the fact that our own had been disrupted by Hidan's call.

"... can you tell her you're staying the night at a friend's?"

"Hidan, you know my mum won't let me go that easily," I snap in an irritated voice. "Get me home by eight, or else I'm not coming at all!"

"... fine. You better get this job over and done with, and quick." I lower my voice; I have another job? Wtf? Already?

"What is it?" I casually look around to see if anyone's listening, but only see Gaara's annoyed expression.

"... another delivery. But it's to a brothel, so... with your age and looks, Pain thought you'd be the perfect messenger. We'll go over the details with you afterwards, got it?" I sigh. How did I get myself into this again? Oh, yeah. I thought the Akatsuki were a bunch of morons and then found out they distribute drugs and other illegal items after I joined. Not so wannabe now that I look at it.

"Fine. Does it involve me wearing slutty clothes?"

"You bet ya."

"Ugh. I'll see you after school." I hang up, and then turn around to Gaara, who has an eyebrow raised at me. I smile and tuck my phone into my pocket, clasping my hands together. He leans forward, unfolding his legs and grabbing my hands in his, brow furrowed, before looking me right in the eye with his own pale teal orbs.

"You know, [Name], I strongly disapprove of what you're getting involved in," he says in a serious voice, shaking his head. "And I'm saying this now because I love you; drop out of the fucking Akatsuki." I laugh and slap him away, pulling my hands out of his grasp.

"It's fine, Gaara. I'll be fine, honest."

"Slutty clothes?"

"... I promise." Gaara sneers and puts his nose in the air, scrunching up his facials in contempt.

"You promise me?"

"Yeah."

***

"... I look like a... proper whore. Nice.." Dressed in fishnet stockings, a black leather mini skirt that almost shows half of my butt, thigh high leather boots with killer heels and a black crop top that shows the bottom of my lacy black cocaine-stuffed bra, I feel air blowing in places it shouldn't be felt in. 

Seeing Dei sneakily hold his phone over the shoulder of his seat to take a photo, I glare at him and snap, "You dare to, and I'll snap your neck, cunt." Hidan chuckles, looking at me in the rear view mirror before pulling his car out of the driveway, where Konan waves us goodbye before getting into her own Nissan.

"Which means you've done it right. Konan did a really good job, huh? If anything, disguises are what matter when it comes to stuff like this," Hidan shrugs, making me groan in exasperation.

"If anyone touches me in there, I'm going to fucking rip their eyeballs out with my heels," I snap, leaning back in my seat and crossing my arms. Hidan rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. Just make sure you get it to room twenty seven, okay? If there are any problems with getting the money from the lady- Dei, give her the thing-" There's movement from the front, and Deidara turns around in his seat to hand me something. A pistol.

"It's loaded, so if you feel threatened, make absolutely sure that you're in danger before shooting anyone, okay?" offers Deidara helpfully, making me roll my eyes as I take the weapon from him. Without a second glance, I shove it shaft first into my right boot, sniffling in indignity.

"No, I'll just shoot everyone I see, how's that?"

"That's my [Name]. Hey, you don't mind walking again, do you? We'll wait in the supermarket car park for you- the brothels' only a few minutes from there."

"WHAT?!" I screech. "IT'S BAD ENOUGH I HAVE TO DRESS LIKE THIS, BUT NOW I HAVE TO WALK IN PUBLIC?!"

"It's only a short distance. Besides, I doubt anyone you know will be around. And- oh, we're here now anyway, get out. Go to the exit, turn left, and keep walking straight. It's hard to miss." We've reached the southernmost part of Konoha, which isn't much of a sight. Everything looks dirty and wrecked, and the supermarket we've stopped at doesn't look very fancy either. It's six o'clock- I still have time to get all this stupid shit off before going home.

"Whatever." Wishing to burn both of their eyes out with hydrochloric acid, I force the door open and unsurely test the ground, before standing up and teetering on my heels. I slam the door in anguish, cutting off Deidara, who's pointing something out to Hidan about the area, and begin strutting back the way we come. There are a bunch of guys hanging around the supermarket sign, and lo and behold, they start whistling and calling me names.

"Ooooh, hey babyyyyyyy! You're looking damn fine there, girl!" whistles one.

"Fuck, I'll pay you a hundred right now!" calls another.

"Fuck it- come here and I'll show you what good fucking is like!" This one steps forward, and I, in annoyance, reach into my boot and pull out my gift from Deidara, pointing it right at the guy's forehead. He freezes in his step, and the other two with him both gasp and snort.

"Fucking touch me and I'll blow your fucking brains out!" I spit venomously.

"Aaaaw, come on, mami-"

I point the gun at his feet and pull the trigger, hoping that it's genuinely loaded. Luckily, it is, and the bang itself is enough to scare them away, much more than the actual bullet.

"Fuck off," I snarl, before pushing past them and making my way to the brothel thoroughly annoyed.

As I walk away, I feel someone watching me, watching us, and look over my shoulder in curiosity. The guys are still there, laughing and talking, but the cold stare isn't from them.

"Please don't be anyone I know," I mumble. God knows what would happen if my mum finds out that I'm a wannabe prostitute, much less a wannabe thug.