Chapter 11: We Meet Again

Details on pic above / on the side below on short A/N.

--

- THORIN -

"Th-Thorin, wait! It's me!" a familiar voice shouted. "I-It's... me. It's (y/n)." I stopped dead in my tracks. "Rolven... (y/n)?" I mused, making sure I wasn't dreaming. She stood there, striding down gracefully to me. "Thorin..." she said, sounding as if about to cry. I walked to her, first slow.... then, going faster, afraid to lose her again...

But all I could do was to press my lips against hers.

I kissed her deeply, passionately. I could feel her kiss back.

Before it could get more intende, I pulled away. "I-I'm sorry. I couldn't help it." She muttered guiltily. "That's okay. I couldn't too," I replied back. Bilbo stood there, mouth hanging open, at a loss for words. She laughed. "I knew it! He was the Baggins you were talking about!" I smiled. She looked so beautiful.

Then I noticed she was wearing an elven dress.

I dismissed the thought and placed my forehead against hers.

"(y/n), we've got to hurry." I stated. "Maybe we can explain later on the way. For now," I cast a glance at Bilbo. "Our burglar's got a plan."

Holding her hand, we ran to the cellars where the Dwarves were in. They were already inside the barrels. "You don't have a better plan?" I asked. "Better than nothing, and confined here for the rest of my life." He retorted. "Get in," I mutter to (y/n). "Thorin, I-I need to-" "No more." I placed a light kiss on her temple. "We'll be with each other."

I got inside another barrel. I looked over at Bilbo as he strained to lower the trap door...

And in we went to the cold water.

The rapids weren't in our side. They thrashed angrily, knocking me to this side and the next. The Elves saw us and ran up to block our escape. Orcs, out of the blue, started to swarm to attack us. Then an Elf shot some dead, then others. The elven-guards blocked the canal. I smashed side first to the blocked entry. "No!" I shouted.

Then I heard Fili shout "Kili!" and turned around to see my nephew climbing out of his barrel. Then, I heard a grunt, a hiss after, and a whizz of an arrow. Next was my nephew's strained moans as he lowered the lever for our escape. A small thud followed, signaling he was in his cask.

Then, an Orc started to shoot us arrows. I beat some with a club. Later on, we were coursing down the river and the Elves behind us.

--

We reached for the river banks. I helped the lady get out of the barrel. Panting heavily, I placed her under my arm and walked off until she had enough strength. "Thorin!" Fili gasped, looking for me. "Kili's wounded." Knowing the Orcs and maybe the Elves may not be far behind, I hissed. "Two minutes."

[y/n] helped Kili and Fili. When Kili saw her, he hugged her tight. "Oh, (y/n), (y/n)," he gasped. "Thank Durin you're alive and well."

After that two minutes, we went our way swiftly.

- YOU -

I blushed a tint of red as Thorin walked side by side with me.

He kissed me... Didn't he?

We came by a man from Lake-town. I did not know his name; maybe I didn't hear it. However, if he was going to Lake-town then...

I remembered my dream. Fire. War. Lake. Gold. Thorin.

"Wait," I mutter hesitantly before I boarded the boat. "I-I... I can't go. You can't go, Thorin!" I pleaded. He steps down from the water-craft. "What are you trying to say, my dear?" He looks at me sternly whilst I searched his face. "Please Thorin..." I pleaded. "Y-You can't." The others now gazed at me with confusion and impatience. "We leave now, or never," the boat man says. The Dwarves nodded. "Thorin, you have to--" "Why? Why are you keeping me away from going to the Mountain?" "You don't... You don't understand! Things, bad things will--" "I already am prepared for the worst." I look up at him, tears welling.

"Do you not trust me, Thorin?"

He was taken aback. He looks down at the ground, shaking his head. He was weighing his options as I can tell. I clutched my hand to my chest, eager and scared of what his reaction might be.

- THORIN -

I weighed my options. After thinking it through, I sighed and I glanced at her, steel cold. "I'm sorry, (y/n). But NOTHING is keeping me from reclaiming my father's, and my fathers' before him, gold and kingdom." She let her tears fall. As much as I wanted to, I had to show her that it was important to me to claim Erebor back. She shook her head, tears staining her cheeks. "I can't! I won't let you risk your life... For some... Treasure! You had a choice, Thorin! I can help you reclaim all the gold you've lost, if you choose to--" Fury boiled inside of me. "Do not speak to me if straying away from my quest! You do not know what I've been through and what will result from this!"

She finally got the message when she stopped. I grinned small, then she looked at me, pain evident. "This is not the Thorin I know..." She muttered. "This is all wrong." I winced. "HOW IS THIS WRONG?!" I snapped. "Th-Thorin, you don't
know--" "We're going nowhere!" "Bu-But, I told Thrandu--"

I shot her a look, feeling angry more than ever. Now it all made sense. I felt more enraged as she pulled at the elven dress which stank of... Him.

"Get out," I spat.

She tried to reach for me but I shifted away. "GET OUT!" She shook, paralyzed. Finally, she turned, tears running, and ran away from me.

Fear was replaced by anger. "Right, let's leave this forsaken place," I seethed, eager to forget about her. I hoped later on she'll change her mind and tread back.

--

I requested for us to stay for a while. An hour went so... And she wasn't even in sight. "We have to leave now! We have stayed too long," the boat-man said. I nodded and walked up to the boat.

By the time I remembered Orcs were on our tail, it was too late. We have already reached the borders of the Long Lake.

--

Heeeey guyyys! Reen here X3

So I uhhhh y'know had a great and frustrating time doing this chapter. I sincerely want to thank my voters and readers who just keep on supporting and making this story going. Love ya!

In the side/above is a little thing I got from Ozinefest! I was really happy when I bought it... Came from a stand where a poster said "Wear Your Fandom" and I was fangirling and just... Bought it. Yeah stupid me lol

Yeah that's all, thank you for reading this, you just keep my writing going.

xoxo

reen