Chapter Fourteen :Henna ceremony.

Bibi's POV
Sa lalle/11 may.

I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy today. The session started around 1:30 p.m. after Zuhr prayer. I put on the Ankara skirt and blouse that were kept for me.

The makeup artist made my face and helped me with the head tie. The event is going to take place at Baba's house.

We made our way downstairs, using the backdoor, which leads us to the backyard where the event is taking place.

It was decorated beautifully, from the canopies to the backdrops and the mats. It all looked beautiful. We had five henna people come, so we won't waste time.

Like Mama said, the oldest was doing mine. I learned her name was Habiba as I sat down and let the woman do her thing.

After three beautiful, everlasting hours, I was allowed to remove the henna. With the help of Yaya Aisha (Ayman's older sister.), I washed the lalle off.

After that, Mama sent us upstairs to go get ready. This is the only day we get to go out in the open because the groom's family is bringing the Kayan lefe.

I took my bath and put on a green straight skirt with a white crop top, a black abaya, and a matching veil! No make-up this time around. Mama almost sent us flying out of the house, so we left.

Firstly, we went to the mall to collect our outfits for tomorrow, then we went to the salon, where I was forced to plait my hair.

I hate plaiting my hair because it's full and long, and you know how rubbery hair is when you don't plait it for a long time. Two hours of torture later, we paid and left.

We then went to 4U Supermarket to buy ice cream and shawarma, then we went back home. Upon reaching the entrance, the old women started yodelling as we walked into the house.

Fayha ran towards us and the girls and dragged us upstairs to come see the boxes. She said they bought 25 boxes.

I didn't want to see any of them, but the girls kept on gushing about the boxes, so I agreed to see them. After praying Maghrib, we moved to Baba's sitting room.

We knew no one was there, so we sat down there, gisted, played, and planned tomorrow's bridal shower. After Isha, I slept off. Thank Allah, I took my bath after praying Maghrib because I'm super lazy.

And I know the chapter is short but the book is getting more interesting so just manage😊.
QR: would you rather read a book and then watch the movie or watch the movie and then read the book.

Don't forget to vote comment and share.
Love you all ❤️
Edited.