CHAPTER 38: THE EX

"THE EX"

ZYCLUS' POV

We made love. Hestia and I made love. I wasn't just daydreaming last night. It really did happened, the blood stain on my bedsheet is the evidence of the night we shared but waking up alone in my bed makes me think that maybe it was all in my head, that it never happened.

Pinagsisihan niya ba ang nangyari sa amin kaya siya umalis agad?

I frustratedly ran my fingers through my hair. I bet she's regretting everything now, fuck. How can I be so stupid? Of course she's just drunk last night that's why she do what she did. I fucking want to punch myself right now for being a fucking asshole.

Sana lang hindi siya galit sa akin ngayon.

I pushed myself up to sit on my bed then I reached for my phone at the bedside table.

I dialed Hestia's number and patiently wait for her to answer the call. Her phone is just ringing but she's not answering it. I sighed and just throw my phone on my side.

I think she's really mad at me.

Humiga na lang ako ulit at tumitig sa puting kisame ng kwarto 'ko.

After minutes of just staring blankly on the white ceiling my phone rings. I pick it up and read the caller's name. When I saw that it's mom I immediately answered the call.

"Yes? Mom? Need anything?"

"No, actually I call to check on you.."

Umupo ako sa gilid ng kama at tinukod ang aking siko sa hita 'ko habang ang kanan 'kong kamay ay nakahawak sa cellphone 'ko na nakalagay sa aking tenga.

"Checking me?"

"Yes, how are you hijo?"

Is this for real? Mom called to check on me. I squeezed my eyes shut to only hear my mom's voice. God, I miss her so much.

"I'm just fine mom. How about you? The twins?"

I heard her chuckles over the phone.

"We're just fine, Gardin. Huwag mo na kaming intindihin."

"Not gonna happen mom."

"Of course I know you won't. Alam 'ko namang kami palagi ang iniintindi mo kaya nga nag-aalala ako dahil baka napapabayaan mo na ang sarili mo."

"You're worried of me?"

"Jesus Christ! Of course, Gardin. You're my son.."

"Uhm, I ju-"

"I'm sorry son."

I bit my lower lip with my eyes still closed.

"Mom, there's nothing to be sorry about."

"No, I'm sorry anak. Napakawala 'kong kwenta para magalit sayo gayong pinoprotektahan mo lang naman ako mula sa ama mo. I'm sorry anak."

"Mom, it's okay. I know you love that asshole so much and I'm not mad at you for loving him. So it's fine ma. Huwag ka nang mag-sorry."

"Alright, I love you Gardin."

"I missed you, calling me Gardin.." I murmurs.

"Gardin, Gardin, Gardin, Gardin, Gardin.." She keep on chanting my name that put a wide smile on my lips.

I missed this playful side of her. It's been a long time since I hear her voice this happy. I'm so fucking happy that she's happy.

"Oh, just a reminder, the twins' birthday party. You need to be there Gardin. You'll break your sisters heart if you don't come."