6/22/20

6 = 2 x 3, so I like todays date.

I had my first day of virtual summer camp today, which was an experience. It's a cooking camp, one I took last year (in person). It was mildly stressful, but I ultimately had a pretty good time. I made some bread dough, prepped some greek yogurt, and made this tomato-vegetable egg dish thing. It wasn't bad, but I don't think I would make it again unless I had to. 

The dough making was a workout. Like, I knew it would be, but I underestimated how tired my arms would get from kneading. My dad makes bread a lot, and he makes it look so easy. Haha, nope. My bread dough started out WAYYY too sticky and I had to add like another half cup of flour because my kitchen is humid and a bunch of the dough stuck to the side of the bowl but I was too rushed to be able to take it out and knead it to add it to the rest of the dough :( what a waste.

The most stressful bit was keeping up. Our dishwasher is broken so I have to clean all my dishes by hand, which kept putting me a bit behind everyone else. At least I have some knowledge on cooking stuff so I was able to catch up okay, and there were other people slower than me, but it was still a decent amount of pressure.

You know, I thought being a chef could be fun. After this, I'm rethinking my life choices. Like, I still enjoy cooking, but under a time restraint? Not for me, chief. 

So, my family had dinner at around 5, to eat the food while it was still hot. It's nearly nine now, and I'm thinking of grabbing a snack. Idk.

Honestly, I don't have a ton to report. The only reason I'm writing this entry is because idk what else to do. Sleep? Whatever.

Have a good day/night!

Luv you <3