Para--Demons

Akeno currently stood shocked as all the color drained from her face and her body quivered in fear at what just took place. Her physical self was there, but her mind and soul seemed to be elsewhere as the creature that nearly ate her bellowed in pain on the floor at one end of the building. 

"Akeno!" James' voice registered in her core as he took her into his arms and she silently wept. Taking a firm grip of his black sweater, she trembled as he whispered sweet nothings into her ear, not caring as to whom exactly watched their exchange. 

"J--James....it...I nearly," she tried to speak only find herself absolutely terrified at what could have been, "It's eyes..." 

"I know...I know," James rubbed her back with one hand and used the other to sooth her jet black locks. 

Rias, also in a state of panic, couldn't believe what was going on as tears fell from her eyes and her body slightly shivered at the realization that she nearly lost her best friend and QUEEN. 

Noticing their distress, (Y/n) took charge and spoke calmly, "They're in shock, Alex...James, get them to school in the ORC's clubhouse. Luke...take care of this." 

"You got it, nii--san," the blonde swung his great hammer over his shoulder and focused on the beast before him, "C'mon, you son of a bitch." 

Seeing Issei on the floor still gaping at the monster, (Y/n) grabbed him by the arm and dragged him to his feet, "Get a hold of yourself, Hyoudou," he spoke softly yet with authority, "Your KING needs you all right now...so get your shit together." 

Issei finally out of his dazed state looked to his senior, his voice shaky, "B--But...it wiped them all out with ease, I can't--" 

(Y/n) yanked his arm again, "Don't worry about that....Get your peerage member...and leave Hyoudou, I'll explain what I can when we get back." His irises flashed to a purple hue for a second and Issei suddenly seemed to calm down for a bit before gulping and nodding his head. 

"H--Hai, senpai," with haste he slung Koneko over his shoulder and by that time, Alex had already gathered Kiba over his shoulder as well and they both padded for the door. Alex had  switched his transportation vessel into a car by this time as they got in with James following closely behind with Akeno in his arms. 

When he was sure that they left, (Y/n) noticed Rias still rooted in her original spot looking on as Luke sent another swing to the abomination that nearly killed her long time friend. 

With her anger rising at the unknown entity, Rias wanted nothing more than to pounce and slay it herself, but she couldn't...her body wouldn't allow it, as if begging her not to move. As her vision was about to give out when two warm hands suddenly touched her arms. 

Her blue green eyes immediately shot to pair of emotional ones, what emotion, she did not know. His presence and heat immediately brought her back to the present and her shaking eased somehow as her attention was now solely on the man she had taken a keen interest on thus far. 

His usual annoying features now seemed to comfort her in this time of despair and fear, his face emotionless yet, his eyes seemed to trap her and he hadn't even uttered a word yet. Suddenly seeing him take a deep breath, she listened to his deep voice, "Gremory, I know you want to kill it...but this is your first time encountering a demon of this kind...and a powerful one at that." 

Suddenly feeling her rage consume her, she charged forward only for his arms to encase her and hold her back as she openly sobbed now and pounded her fists against his chest as they both heard the screams of anguish behind them.