The Phoenix Spy

As the members of the ORC and Collin family came up on the familiar forest, the brothers were all looking at the surroundings with faces resembling that of remembrance. It was these looks of recognition that prompted Koneko to ask, "Have you all been here before?" 

Alex chuckled at her question, "Yes, Yes we have," he looked around at the trees, "We trained here for some time." 

"Interesting," Kiba said as he looked around as well, "Isn't that a bit dangerous with the creatures lurking about?" 

"Yeah, well..." Luke folded his arms, "It was the only way we could put our spirit animals to use." 

"I've always wanted to ask you guys..." Kiba assessed the brothers, "What are your spirit animals?" 

"Ah," James said as he stepped froward from Akeno's side and raised an arm, "Our spirit animals," a white eagle comprised of pure energy materialized on his arm, "Are the extensions of our souls and powers...they protect us and help channel our feelings." 

"Interesting," Akeno said as she passed her hand on the eagle, feeling a shock of energy pass through her body, "Wow..." 

"Yup, hey Kiba check this out!" Alex said as his ring glowed in a brilliant glow of a yellowish-orange and a lion materialized itself in flames. 

"Woah..." Kiba and Koneko said as they came and touched the animals, both feeling its brilliant aura. 

"That's cute..."Luke said his ring glowed green, "But check this out," a giant bull made itself known at his side and circled him, Issei and Asia immediately cheered and went to touch the beast. 

Rias hummed and watched as her peerage were preoccupied by the show they were getting, looking to (Y/n) she raised a brow. The eldest Collin sighed as he had his arms folded, "No..." 

She rolled her eyes, but looked on longingly at the friends before her as they all enjoyed themselves. Suddenly feeling someone approaching, (Y/n) grabbed her hand and placed her behind him. Rias let out a yelp of surprise and watched as the brothers all sized up as well, waiting for the newcomer. 

Suddenly an old man appeared from on top of a tree, his brown hair contained by a cap facing backwards as he wore his short pants and vest with a backpack. He had a blue jacket tied around his waist along with his finger less gloves on his hands. 

Grinning down at the group of teenagers, the middle aged man exclaimed, "Welcome back boys!! Your uncle Zatouji missed you!" 

The brothers merely chuckled and (Y/n) stepped forward as Zatouji hopped down from the tree and embraced him, the devils were all dumbfounded. The rest of the brothers followed in the embrace one after the other. 

James suddenly held the pet master's shoulder, "Issei...Asia, since this is your first time meeting him, this Pet Master Zatouji...or as he likes us to call him, Uncle Zatouji." Issei and Asia immediately shook his hand and he smiled at them. 

Rias gave (Y/n) a look and he shrugged, "You never told us that you knew the Pet Master." 

"You never asked," he said to her with a straight face. 

"Right," she confirmed as the rest of the teens were talking about how to acquire a pet and what not. 

(Y/n) approached her and she found herself shying away from his intense stare for the first time. "Look at me, Gremory..." her head slowly turned to him and he noticed a phoenix in one of the trees behind her, "You're going to tell me what's wrong with you after all this is done...and I am going to listen, you hear me?" 

Feeling her stubborn level reach new heights, she folded her arms with the flame in her eyes rekindled, "I don't have to tell you anything..." 

"Then why are you always glancing at me with that sad look," he shot back, not faltering one bit.