Chapter 12: Forever Fall

Jaune sighs as he walks through the halls with his head down in shame.

And reason for this is because he has been doing favors for Cardin and basically turned into his little slave since the bully was eavesdropping on his conversation with Pyrrha and Damian and is now blackmailing him.

And what makes it worse is that , that horrible day happened 3 weeks ago and it's been hell not only because of the tasks by his bully but also because Pyrrha has been giving him the silent treatment since Jaune and Cardin started their "Friendship".

Finally making it to his room Jaune slightly opens the door but he then stopped when he heard his team talking and deiced to listen in.

"How come Jaune gets home so late?" Nora asked as she jumps up on her bed.

"He's become rather scarce ever since he's been fraternizing with Cardin." Ren said as he cleans his weapons.

Nora frowns as she thinks about Jaune and Cardin's sudden friendship, "That's weird. Doesn't he know we have a field trip tomorrow?"

The energetic girl then does one more jump and falls onto her bed on her back. "We need our rest!"

"I'm sure our leader knows exactly what he's doing." Pyrrha said in an aggressive tone as she looks out the window.

"I guess." Nora stated.

Looking down in shame Jaune closes the door and just stood there not knowing what to do.

"Hey Jaune!" a voice said behind him.

Jumping in surprise Jaune turns around to see that it was Ruby, who was in her pajamas.

The dark-haired girl chuckles at the blonde's skittish behavior and said, "Long time no see. Did you lock yourself out again?" she asked in amusement.

"Oh, uh, nope!" he then laughs awkwardly as he brings out his scroll. "Got it!"

"So, where have you been lately?" Ruby asked.

"I...ugh..." jaune was a lost for words as he tried to come up with an excuse but realize he could not.

Sighing in defeat and sadness the blonde hangs his head in shame again. "I messed up...I did something I shouldn't have and now Cardin's got me on a leash and Pyrrha won't even talk to me...I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea." He said as he falls against the door and slides down.

"I'm a failure." He proclaimed.

"Nope." Was the young girl's only answer.

Lifting his head Jaune looks at his friends in bewilderment, "Nope." The young huntress repeated.

She then takes a step forward and said, "You're a leader now, Jaune. You're not allowed to be a failure."

"But, what if I'm a failure at being a leader?" Jaune questioned.

Ruby hums as she thinks about it before saying, "Nope."

Jaune lets out a small laugh, "You know, you're not the easiest person to talk to about this kind of stuff." He stated as Ruby walks over next to him and sits down with him.

"Nope!" she replied cheerfully.

She then smiles softly, "Jaune, maybe you were a failure when you were a kid,"

Jaune sighs knowing that she was right and slightly slid down.

"And you might've even been a failure the first day wet me," which only made Jaune feel worse and slide down the door more.